Sessions vs Visits?

Nemanja

Premium Member
I could not distinguish what is the difference between sessions and visits? which one should I follow to see traffic from a website?
I need someone here make me clear on this problem. Thanks!

Naksh

Session shows the amount of time spent by individual users whereas visits is the number of users coming to your site. Longer the session, more is your site engaging.

vickyciky

Session and visit are two different things. When user click on a web page or website then it is called as visit and the time duration which the user stay, called as a session.

Nancy G

An online user going to your website is called a visit.

The time duration in which the user stays on your website to view a page/s or perform any other activity on your website is called session.

Since 2014, visits have been referred to as Sessions in Google Analytics. Normally, sessions expire after 30minutes of visitor’s inactivity and a new session begins when a visitor returns to the website after 30minutes of activity. Similarly, when a user clicks a link from your site, a new session is likewise created.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.