Does anyone use Skype anymore?

Hugo E.

I am just curious, does anyone here use Skype anymore? or did you switch to a different service as Viber, WhatsApp, ooVoo, WeChat? What is your choice and why?

CookieRunner

I do use Skype still... It's my main way of connecting and interacting with work and when it comes to business or more likely doing interviews like the best formal way to do video calls. I do have Viber, Whatsapp and Wechat but D don't often use them as much as Skype.
In my country, their Service is good and is user friendly, I mainly use it too since most of my prospect clients use it for doing Interviews.

JB Fernandez

Sometimes our company use it for interview. Specially when the applicant is residing across different countries or locations. But I find it very hassle, I'd rather use video call on messenger instead of skype.

Rob Whisonant

About the only one I still use is Facebook Messenger. I will fire up Skype, HipChat etc if someone sends me a SMS text message to do so though. Basically, if you need to chat with me, you know how to find me. SMS is the best way, Facebook Messenger is the second best way.

kleo

Yes, I do. I use Skype not for personal purposes but it is required in my company. I'm an ESL (English as Second Language) teacher and all my students live overseas. I think not only our company uses Skype but other ESL companies as well to connect the teachers and students together.

ecole11j

I still use Skype! Just last month I used it to conduct some interviews. It's still a great means of communication, especially if you have staff outside of the country!

Affrevenue

I still use SKYPE to communicate with my contact list as it is one of the easiest medium and userfriendly.

vishwa

i am still using Skype as It helps me in my blogging. Sometimes my clients want to connect with Skype to made some deals and contracts and I am able to answer their queries very quickly. It also helps me to connect with some affiliate managers of affiliate program if I have any issues.

Ciprian Bitter

Skype's actually one of the tools I use to conduct business. And even though I was surprised at first to see this, I'm not used to have all my partners/customers talk to me by Skype mostly.
After all, it's versatile: text, photo, video, everything in one :)

Mike001

Many large organizations still use Skype due to the corporate plugins that are available for security.

Many of you probably didn't even know that Skype had a branch dedicated to secure communications. It is there and still very active for interviews, secure project meetings, etc.

We even use it at the University occasionally, and by the way it is NOT FREE, but then again, nothing good is FREE.

waad32

I am just curious, does anyone here use Skype anymore? or did you switch to a different service as Viber, WhatsApp, ooVoo, WeChat? What is your choice and why?
I still use Skype mainly for interviews. Let's say, 3-4 times a month only. But I always us Fb messenger because most of my friend and families uses this app and it is so easy to access.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.