Pros and Cons of Ads in a Website?

JayGum28

Most websites today make money through advertisements, but how would that affect visitors? I have visited websites that have ads up and down, left and right. And I find it irritating because one wrong click and it leads you to another page. So I want to hear from you guys what you think about ads on a website. Would they attract or repel? Thanks in advance!

JB Fernandez

Pros is you can earn from it thru google adsense or other platform. Cons is sometimes it is annoying for the viewers of your site. It often block your content and when clicked, the viewer will be lead into another site.

Rob Whisonant

Big difference between a site that is ad supported and a click bate site. The later is irritating to say the least. An ad supported site like WMS is perfectly fine. A site has to pay the bills to keep online.

JayGum28

True! Sites need to earn as well. The issue with ads here are sites that have ads that covers almost half of the page. I couldn't agree with you more by using the word "irritating". Some ads are really placed in clickable areas which you sometimes tend to click. Thank you by the way for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate it.

Judas2018

The pros are generating revenue and exposure. New clients also. There are times where visitors will visit your site - click on an ad - and make an important purchase. They might credit your site as the place where they were introduced to this great product. The cons are sometimes people can go overboard with too many ads, ugly - visually unattractive ads, or some site visitors might label you a 'sell out' or 'corporate shill.'

antonette061389

For me it is really not good to have many advertisement to the sites that we're viewing. Yes, it really help for those website and marketing out there but I think they must limit there ads. dont put it all over your site that you cant even view the real site that we want to check. Specially for those people starting on internet and those elderly also when they see or accidentally click the ads then its really irritating plus they dont know what to do.

vishwa

Ads are necessary for website owner to earn revenue from it and it helps them to maintain and keep their website alive. However excessive ads can harm user engagement and people visit your site less often. so, using limited amount of ads can be very helpful to generate revenue and keep your website user friendly.

daniel27lt

Website ads keep the site running. If there well placed, then it shouldn't be a problem for anyone. It's the sites who deliberately put them near objects where the user has to press something or interact with the browser more. Which in Googles and other advertising networks eyes it's against their terms and conditions.

It's usually the noob to the internet or has no idea on how websites make a living are the ones who complain, and see the negative side of things in life in general. My opinion, ads are the things that keep a savvy person in business or whatever it maybe one step ahead of knowing whats going on.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.