Do you find ads while watching videos or gaming good or bad?

Crist

Many people now using ads to show up or pop while watching videos or playing games. Do you find this appropriate and useful or annoying?

Mike001

Most of the time I find them very annoying, I have actually been polling my college classes over the last few years on this very subject and the overall majority of the participants end the video when the ad appears, which I thought was kind of surprising, until I drilled down into the responses.

As I researched the responses, and began to watch more ads to completion to see what their big complaint was, it actually made sense to me. Most of the ads are over 30 seconds, that breaks the flow of the video your watching, and bigger still many of the ads, the vast majority had no correlation to the actual subject of the videos.

I am not certain why they are still so popular, from all that I have researched and even looking at outside research, it appears they are not very effective and tend to turn off your participants.

Am I missing something?

Cchaen

I find all ads annoying but this is the cost of free content so I have no problem with it.

Dapmu

i always get adds whenever im streaming videos on youtube, playing online games, visiting websites, or even on social media. they're like almost everywhere on the internet nowadays. i find it very annoying though because sometimes when tou click it or accidentally click it, it sometimes redirects you to other websites (sometimes more than one). its kind of a hassle whenever you are researching for something and then theyre like taking up your time.

Carlos Kerika

I personally find them annoying especially on YouTube and the android apps. But let’s face it, people earn from advertising these products on their sites and apps. It all comes down to our daily hustle bro. Even on this site there are ads and am sure the owner does benefit in one way or another from these ads. As for the user, you might come across a particular product or service you were really searching for.

In my conclusion, as much as ads are annoying, look at the positive side of it. It might be you looking to benefit from advertising and you will need viewers to gain from the adverts. Show your support and tolerate the ads:crazy:. Thank you.

kleo

Honestly, most of the time, I find it annoying. Ads keep me from watching what I wanted to see and keep me from playing what I want to play. Though at times, I find it useful in playing games. There are games that give you something extra that you can use in your game to keep playing so that's great. But in watching videos, I really find it very annoying. But I undestand that people have to use it to monetize their content.

Rob Whisonant

The person that finds a way for a run of the mill website to make money without advertising will become extremely rich. :)

antonette061389

I remember back then, when ads are not that many like now almost space of the site is full of ads, I remember that I find ads useful for me. I can see ads that I really like and check on it. But unlike now I find ads annoying sometimes becauses I cant concentrate on what i'm really watching. So I hope they can limit the ads.

Jim15

Honestly, it is very annoying and your focus when playing games or watching videos will ruined but if you are a normal user, you can not do anything but to accept the fact that you will experience this.

JayGum28

Most of them are very annoying to be frank. I understand that they also to make money, but they should also keep in mind that they should maintain their site/game to be user friendly. Games/apps nowadays can be rated by any user and too much ads result to a negative impact. Ads are really annoying especially if they retain even after the countdown and not to mention the difficulty to find the close button. Ads, despite annoying, can also be of help sometimes especiallt when it comes to gaming. Ads can help you gain more resources in a game. In the end, any app/game/site should be user friendly. That way visitors and users will have an enjoyable experience and will bring out positive results.

napukun

i think those ads. we see was so annoying yet if we see the facts that this ads. can be helpful in someway like in the industry of cryptocurrency or bitcoin.

We bitcoin user need to advertise the site or app for us to earn in refers because there's commission in every refers and We also need more information on what is the trending and paying sites we see it sometimes in those ads.
that's what ads. for me

kailey

Yes. Some are find it annoying cause it keeps coming black whenever you close it, it will pop up again. But for me I don't mind it. Cause its the life of that site you are using, without those ads that keeps popping up, the site that you are browsing might not be existing.. So have patience with it.

mdsarang

Many people now using adds to show up or pop while watching videos or playing games. Do you find this appropriate and useful or annoying?
As a user, it's annoying, most especially when you accidentally click on it and redirects you to another website. But I choose to look on the positive side and understand that people earn from it and just let the ads be there.

edenmae29

I understand many people are annoyed with it but i'm not. Simply because I understand that's how they make money to keep their app or program running. They did not mean to annoy us, they do business and at the same time keep us entertained or informed depends on what the app or program is.

trendjing

Today, there are a lot of ways to advertise and one is through ads while you watch videos or play games. Honestly, I find it annoying, but at the same time, I understand why they have to put ads there. It is a means to monetize someone's video or game. It like watching a TV show. Have you ever wonder why they have to put on tv commercials instead of airing the show non-stop? It is because, other than tv ratings, one way to earn money for the show is by sponsors from commercials. The same thing goes around with online ads.

szerjhex18

To those who own the game that let the advertising pop up on their game apps , it's good for them because they earn big money from those advertisement.
But for us who use the game apps with having advertising keep popping up everytime we play it's so freaking annoying. because it's ruined our game mood to the point that we don't like to play that game anymore even though it's so good at first before advertising came up.
But we can't complain though because some game apps having advertising like that is free to download and play. All we can do it stop playing that kinda of game if we like so that we don't have to complain about.

HazelDJ

Many people now using adds to show up or pop while watching videos or playing games. Do you find this appropriate and useful or annoying?
I absolutely find those ads popping up while watching videos annoying. It destructs my concentration. I understand that it is the way of the advertisers to earn. However, for me, as being disturbed unlike that situation. Eventually, I close the site. As an outcome, I never visit that site again but rather find another one.

kammy

Well I guess it depends on who uses it. If you were the one who placed it in a game or an video, then it could be beneficial to you, if not, most commonly it could be annoying.

Nancy G

We have to accept the reality that for now, ads add life to the video or game, etc. we are viewing as a way of monetizing for the creation of the website. Look at it on a business perspective, it sustains the website. Income generated also helps in future product developments and improvements where the users get to enjoy the benefits.

For me, new ads are okay. I watch them out of curiosity or for information. Repetitive and long ads are the ones I find annoying so whenever they appear, I take a quick break, get my favourite drink or check my inbox or do something else and then return to the game or whatever I am viewing. Chillax !!!

CookieRunner

Let's all face it, if were doing something and the ad pops up, it's annoying, if we are playing a game and a serious one and this ad pops out too and you kinda lose? That's really annoying. Who doesn't' want ad pop ups? Most of you and I don't know would tell that it's really annoying 100% of the time.
I therefore conclude that we are all using something that is for FREE. It's how the internet works now and sometimes we benefit from it and learn from new products or what not. It may be annoying but I kinda notice and sense the major use of it which benefit users and anyone.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.