URL vs. Domain Name: The Difference?

Nemanja

Premium Member
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between URL and Domain Name? Are they same things and when I should say it is a URL or a Domain Name?

Judas2018

A url is something you can purchase or arrange to point at your website or a page on it. A domain name is something you own and it encompasses your entire site, period. Everywhere.

hynds

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between URL and Domain Name? Are they same things and when I should say it is a URL or a Domain Name?
Domain name is simply a main address of your site. While URLs are sub-address of each articles on that site.
Example:
Domain name: yourname.com
URL: yourname.com/your_article.html

ulterios

An easy way of thinking about this is that a domain name is something that you register and pay for at a domain registrar like Namecheap, Namesilo, GoDaddy, etc...

A URL is an address on the internet that you would go to like a web page, blog post, forum, etc...

Domain Name = webmastersun.com

URL = https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/95-web-hosting

etdigital

URL(Uniform Resource Locator) - It is the way to identify the specific web page.
Domain name - It is an identifier of your business name. For domain name you have to register and pay for this service.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.