Do you use the groups on Facebook to advertise or do you only do paid advertisements?

carolinasky

When I first set up my Facebook business account, I thought the only way to advertise for my business was through the paid ads, not always cheap. I begin to play around with the site, joining many groups, and reading the rules of posting. through out the last 2 years I have learned the do's and don'ts of posting ads for your business to Facebook. I use Facebook to post my ads in the groups on the regular. It takes a good bit of time to post to my groups being affiliated with almost 50 and allowed to post my ads to them all, but I make each post individual. I think being able to make ads unique can really draw in clients. I like using Facebook as a reliable resource to use advertising for my company. I still use the paid advertising as well because both are very beneficial but I believe I use the free forum posting the most. How do you feel about advertising with Facebook? DO you use the paid ads, or do you post to groups to advertise?

Rob Whisonant

One thing you will find is groups that allow ads to be posted all the time, basically have tons of members posting ads and nobody reading them. Skip these types of groups because you will be wasting your time.

Join highly targeted groups and become the go to expert by helping as many people in the group as you can. Then and only when appropriate point users to additional resources to help answer a question that was posted. Of course you would also advertise what you sell on those pages.

Jim15

I suggest if you cannot pay for ads, the only option is to make free ads. You can make your own group when advertising your business. You can also promote your business by posting on your fb account when you have a lot of friends and you can ask them to share it to others.

kammy

I kinda use both. Its nice to see that facebook has come a long way in being such a good social media platform. It is such an advantage when you use fb groups because of the number of audiences that you might reach. In the same time paid advertisements also gives gives you the assurance that you'll get something whenever you post it but with a fluctuating audience reach. The thing is both are effective so there is no harm on using both.

Nancy G

I have a former colleague who is able to run her small business selling stuff via FB groups which she is limiting for now for a select group of friends. She runs her ads but personally make a follow-up on target friends and is able to successfully make some sales which she still refers as her side income.

Since she is working fulltime, she prefers to keep a small FB group for better manageability. Also, promoting the product is much easier for her by referring to the FB ad. She has no plans to expand and prefers to keep her selling strategy the way it is.

Such is not the case if you are targetting a bigger market which our previous members have already made some practical suggestions.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views