A job that you love or a job that pays well?

JB Fernandez

Torn with a career that you really love doing but the pay is not that high. Then an offer came to work with other company that pays well. What should I do?

AmieBotella

Hi JB, that's quite a choice you got there. For me, there must be a reason why you're considering this new job that pays well versus the job that you love doing. If you really are into this job that you love, I don't think you'll be thinking about considering the other. But since you did, you probably are ready to move forward with another job. Whom you might start liking eventually. Or probably love later too. You must consider a lot of different aspects if ever you decide to try another phase in life. Like, how much work does it require, and equate it with your current job. You might have been offered a larger pay but the workload must be higher too. You things like that, just jot that the pros and cons and you'll find it easier to decide when you have values in front of you. Hope this helps.

Rob Whisonant

Go with what you love. Quality of life is worth a lot more than a higher salary. You can always make more money running your own business on the side.

kammy

I think having a job that pays well has it's perks but having a job that you love makes you work as if you are not working at all. I think it will be best if you love your job to which you'll be more effective. It wouldn't also hurt if it pays well.

marblank1313

Try choosing and loving the company that pays well. The worst can happen is you can go back to the job that you love or if not, i know you can find same kinds of job easily supposing they don't pay that high right? Well this is my opinion, it is still your final decision.

JayGum28

Go for what you love. Passion and profession is like bread and butter, they are the perfect combination. I also had the same experience as you. I chose a degree that would allow me to work with a high salary although my passion was never to be found in such path. Now I'm starting all over again, and I do not regret the decision I made. I follow what my heart tells me and my spirit keeps me alive and fighting. Yes, my former job let me buy all the luxuries I want, but I was never satisfied at the end of every toiling day. I know that someday somewhere, I'll get to the top because I love my job. Passion plus profession equals satisfaction. If you have financial goals to achieve, save! :)

Affrevenue

A job that you love. if the company is paying you a handsome salary, remember he is taking use of your knowledge. why don't you use those knowledge to monitize yourself. go ahead with it. If you have skills you don't have to work for anyone.

trendjing

I have been to both situation back in the days at the peak of my career. I have been stuck in a work where I love all the people I worked with, and knows the job as a senior, yet it pays lower than what my expenses demand. After several years, I find a new job that pays higher than I expected.Yes, I started dealing with a new set of co-workers, a totally different duties and responsibility, still I keep my head-up, because I know that this is the "real life". I learned that in order to survive, I should be practical enough to set aside my comfort zone and be open to new learnings, skills, and environment.

CookieRunner

When I first started out working, I always make it a point to check if the salary that they would be offering me is at par with what I was expecting and sometimes I want a higher pay without considering what I was doing, how stressed I am or ever when I don't love what they would want me to do.
But now that I have gained experiences, knew a lot with what's happening in the real world of work, I've realized that I can survive in a workplace even though the pay is low and considering the love of the work that I do, I always end up staying in the company for long too. I would recommend that you stick to the one that you love doing even though the pay is not par with you.

ArtisticDesign

From your avatar you look like you are in your 20s, so the answer is easy: go for the money. Ignore everybody who tells you to do what you love. Allow me to explain. Everything in life is a race. A race to learn, a race to gain experience and become wise, a race to make money. The earlier in life you make a nice amount of money to be comfortable the earlier you will have the freedom to do what you want. The technical term for this is called "F You Money". You can ALWAYS go back to do a low paying job where you do what you want, but it is not as easy to find a high paying job that can help you make your FYMoney. Work hard while you are young and save your money so you won't have to work as hard when you are older and can have more freedom to choose what you want to do when you are in your 40s.

hgonzales2

The job that I currently have right now is not what I wanted or dreamed of before. It took me six months to decide and now I could say that I'm starting to like what I'm doing. It's never easy to do something that you initially don't like at first but eventually look at the brighter side. Take chances and see if it will do you something good. I've chosen this career not because of money nor because I like it. I've chosen this career because I can spend more time with my family. Sometimes, you will come to that point that you have to sacrifice all your wants just because of your love ones. Don't be afraid, just try!:ertery:

expertintegrations

This will really depend JB if I love what I do it's not considered work. Now if I am offered a positioned at another company that pays quite a bit more, but I don't like the work or the work environment; then is it really worth the extra bucks to do something I hate?, I wouldn't personally, I'd reather make less & love what I am doing then be paid more & not love what I am doing.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views