Do You Use A Custom Facebook Page URL?

Sean Quinn

Do you use a custom web address for your Facebook Page? or do you just use the one that is there when the page is created?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Whisonant

I changed mine to custom when they first offered it. Makes it a lot easier to tell someone the URL.

Sean Quinn

Yeah i change my pages to a custom URL also, but i have noticed some pages that have a huge following still are using the original URL and it got me thinking and wondering if there is any benefits from keeping the original URL and adding a custom one. :p

Website Design Ltd

I doubt there's any real benefit to keeping the OG URL other than that pages with a reasonable following can expect that some people might have the page bookmarked, or that they may risk breaking a few URLs here or there. Sometimes the hassle it takes to change it outweighs the fact that they might have a long tail URL, especially as they are still discoverable through the search function.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Do you use a custom web address for your Facebook Page? or do you just use the one that is there when the page is created?
Custom web address for your Facbeook page or using a website domain for it?
If it was a custom address for your Facebook page then you should do that on Facebook when you have first 200 likes.

Sean Quinn

The URL that the Facebook pages allows you to change to after a certain time. :p

So something like FB/BSFvideos/ instead of FB/BSF-videos-483385362034967/

yasarali1998

When I created the page for the first time, I tried to change the URL but it was of no use because I was not able to to do as I had no like on my page nor their were any posting out there.

But, when I posted around 5 posts and waited for at least 20+ days, I was able then to change the URL and now I have changed it.

REAttorneyFirm

Yeah I change my pages into a custom URL Too, but I've noticed some pages with a huge following Are Still using the First URL and it got me Wondering and wondering if There's Some benefits from Maintaining the First URL and adding a custom one

NetlabsITS

I am not using the custom URL in my facebook page can you please tell how can I change my facebook page URL

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
The URL that the Facebook pages allows you to change to after a certain time. :p

So something like FB/BSFvideos/ instead of FB/BSF-videos-483385362034967/
You could need to wait for updates from Facebook to get full custom URLs on your page.

I am not using the custom URL in my facebook page can you please tell how can I change my facebook page URL
Go to your Facebook page and clicking on About tab, In GENERAL, you choose Edit Username as following images

About_facebook.jpg

edit_facebook_page_url.jpg

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.