Google clicks decrease, why?

harrygreen90

number of clicks came from Google for my website decreased 2/3 on the total since 12/13/2017. I don't know why and how to check if there is a thing affect to rankings of my website at this time. Or it is affected by this holiday season? everyone didn't search more on Google these days?

Rob Whisonant

Rankings are not consistent and forever. Sounds like someone is ranking better than you now and pushing you down the ranks.

harrygreen90

harrygreen90
Not really, I checked around 10+ keywords which were and are getting good clicks from Google before and they are still there.
I searched on Google and read two posts Does web traffic really decrease that much on holidays? and Website Traffic Down During Christmas And New Years Eve? from authenticstorytelling and techbuzz and seem it is same to my case.

First paragraphs from their posts are what I am caring.

Website Traffic Down During Christmas And New Years Eve.png

I hope this happen on holiday season and my traffic will get back after it ends and it is not affected by a Google algorithm updated recently.

Rob Whisonant

I checked a few of my sites and the traffic has not dropped by 2/3 on any of them. Not even close. They are down a few percentage points but that is all. Actually a few are up. So overall, my traffic totals are basically the same. Now if I look at them over the years, almost all of my sites traffic is up.

But, traffic fluctuations are going to be different depending on the niche and target market.

Also don't forget that "some gurus" claim traffic drops during the summer. I have never experienced a drop in the summer over all the years I have been online. But people cry summer slow down every year.

harrygreen90

harrygreen90
You are right on this and like what they said

traffic_drop_in_christmas-and-new-year.png

My blog site is related to technology and I expect its only affected this time.
I need to wait around 2 weeks and check if my web traffic is back or not.

Goyum

harrygreen90

harrygreen90
I read posts like this and I still expect my site is not affected by an update from Google.
It is difficult to check at this time because the traffic is dropped on holiday season and I have to wait to see what will happen next time.

vishwa

Holiday might be a reason for decrease in search traffic. However I haven't realize this myself as my search traffic are constant in holidays as well. on December Google has confirmed that a core algorithm update has been launched named "Maccabee" update which have hit some of the sites. So, you have to confirmed that your blog has been hit or not?

harrygreen90

Holiday might be a reason for decrease in search traffic. However I haven't realize this myself as my search traffic are constant in holidays as well. on December Google has confirmed that a core algorithm update has been launched named "Maccabee" update which have hit some of the sites. So, you have to confirmed that your blog has been hit or not?
I search about Maccabee from Searchenginejournal and since I have read this on their blog post

The timeframe with the most volatility for some websites was between December 12 and 14.
I think my site has been hit this update but I don't care about that, Google updated thousands of search algorithms and if we have to change our sites according to them to make it as what they wanted then that's not possible.

Naksh

Can you share the ratio of click drop?
If there is no major difference then you don't need to worry.

harrygreen90

harrygreen90
As I said, I lost 2/3 on the total of clicks from Google, mean I lost about 400+ clicks per day and now I am only getting 200+ clicks per day from that site but it is increasing back and I am looking forward it will be back with what the site got.

On another site, I have same problem but its traffic is recovering recent days and it is good now.

Sam

If your keywords ranking is not being slipped down to the other pages of the SERP, it must be your keywords. Most people in holiday search for entertainment rather than study- or working-related keywords. If that issue still persists until the work days, you need to check yours on-page SEO optimization such as content quality, keyword destiny, content length, and the HTML structure. May this help you.

harrygreen90

If your keywords ranking is not being slipped down to the other pages of the SERP, it must be your keywords. Most people in holiday search for entertainment rather than study- or working-related keywords.
They are not pushed to other pages but its positions on first page can be changed. I am not sure about this because when I checked keywords, they are still there but the total of clicks to website is decreased.

If that issue still persists until the work days, you need to check yours on-page SEO optimization such as content quality, keyword destiny, content length, and the HTML structure. May this help you.
It doesn't have anything to check with these. I think it was affected by Google Maccabees update.

I searched on forums and found many topics discussed about this and their traffic also was dropped start from 12/12/2017

Google-Maccabees-Update.jpg

Sam

Sam
Those issues seem weird. It didn't happent to me likewise. My trafffic from Google is increasing everyday.

harrygreen90

harrygreen90
It doesn't happen with all sites.
If your sites have quality backlinks and useful content then you don't have to worry about this update.

Sam

Sam
Yes, that's true. But I never think too many about getting quality links, but mostly about quality content. I have a lot of articles, almost 3,000 articles. So, what if I use link building to get my site keywords rank top on the search engine. It would cost not a little money, and the competition keeps harder every day. Mostly I use OnPage SEO optimization instead of link building. I learned and follow how the algorithms of Google to crawl and rank sites. Then, I make my posts friendly to those algorithms. I have some blogs but never wasting my time thinking about backlinks for them.

So, if having quality backlinks to your site would be great for your site's traffic through search engines, why don't you buy quality backlinks from quality sites like Forbes, Wired, Huffpost, etc. So that sour site's traffic from Google would not be decreasing.

harrygreen90

harrygreen90
3000 articles are pretty much and I am curious how much traffic you are getting from these articles for your website? If you can build quality backlinks for them then definitely you will get double traffic to your websites from search engines instead of building on page SEO but also agreed with you, if spending money for building backlinks, that will cost much.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
WTS RO4.com
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.