Wix.com free site

Heather

Hi guys! Can someone enlighten me if this so called free site is realiable? I have seen an online selling shop that uses wix free site but since your site will be free pretty sure it will be impossible to appear on google, right? The site were linked on SNS so I think there traffic source is mainly from it. I am planning to try it for my online shop as well but not really sure how it works.

Rob Whisonant

If you want to actually have a chance at being successful the first think you are going to need is a domain name you can brand and market. Since they charge $5 a month to use your own domain name, just get regular hosting, it's cheap.

Also you need to produce your own traffic regardless. So create a plan on how YOU are going to send traffic to your website before you even start building it.

Ridew

Well, if you are serious about your online shop, I suggest to buy a good domain name + web host. However, you can start with a free services but not recommended. 90% of people will not trust you if you are using a free domain name, therefore, they will not buying from your store. Good luck! :)

hynds

I think you can build your site based on free platforms such as wix. But you should use your own domain name. If you have budget, try to buy separate hosting and create your own website (there're many opensource plaforms you can use like WordPress, Joomla...). IMO

expertintegrations

If you are really serious about your online shop & want it to be successful. I would honestly first thing is to find a perfect domain name w/ the perfect niche and some great reliable hosting provider that can handle your needs/requirements. & then purchase yourself a nice design & do it right from the start so your potential client know you are serious & want to purchase from you. & don't let them think you are some "fly by night" person that isn't serious about there busienss. Just my thoughts!

professorrosado

Using sites like WIX is a problem because you are really not in CONTROL of your website. I personally know of a case where a competitor caused a business site to get shut down by WIX just because they made a false claim against the site and WIX didn't even investigate or ask the site owner for information - they just shut it down.

RULE #1 - Never give the KEYS to your BUSINESS to a THIRD Party!

That being said, get your own domain, purchase hosting and CONTROL your own business.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.