• QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks

Lightbulb Affiliate Marketing Newbie

How do I get started with affiliate marketing as a newbie? The niche that interests me more is "web hosting". Please guide me. Suggestions / Recommendations about good web hosting affiliate program are most welcome!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 474/1
    Given: 27/1
    Thanks
    Web hosting is a very competitive niche. I would highly recommend you start reading everything you can on the subject of affiliate marketing. Then study your future competitors sites and see what they do and figure why they are doing it the way they do.

Start a swipe file and add ever thing that catches your eye to it for future reference.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 7/0
    Thanks
    Rob pretty much said it best.
    The best thing you can do to begin with is study ever piece of material you can find on affiliate marketing long before you decide on what to do with yourself online

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Thanks
    Do a review site of some of the popular web hosting companies. Apply to become their affiliate 1st. This method works well. Incorporate this into artlcles that you can published. Or do videos that you upload to YouTube. In a nutshell that is what I would do.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 71/1
    Given: 770/2
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by douglasltc View Post
    Do a review site of some of the popular web hosting companies. Apply to become their affiliate 1st. This method works well. Incorporate this into artlcles that you can published. Or do videos that you upload to YouTube. In a nutshell that is what I would do.
    I agree with you but as Rob said, web hosting is very competitive so it is hard to success with this way. Anyway, it is also a way to apply but for me to succeed with it, we need more efforts and investments for a review site.
    Instead of a review of hosting companies, I would suggest to build a hosting tutorial site, which helps users first before thinking of ways to earn with it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 474/1
    Given: 27/1
    Thanks
    Thought I would add more to the conversation. One of the best ways I have found to sell web hosting is to...

Create a product or tutorial that needs web hosting to complete. Then recommend a hosting company from within the product using your affiliate link. Have all instructions and step by steps, use this web hosting company in the examples. Even mention that you will be using this web hosting company in all examples.

Also, don't try to sell a lot of different web hosts. Select 1 or 2 you are willing to put your reputation on the line for.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverjo View Post
    How do I get started with affiliate marketing as a newbie? The niche that interests me more is "web hosting". Please guide me. Suggestions / Recommendations about good web hosting affiliate program are most welcome!
    If you're actually into hosting, start a blog. Review sites honestly, not just puff pieces to get commissions. Build a brand. Hard to make it in the hosting affiliate biz if you just want to arbitrage traffic and buy ads, so you're better off building something yourself. Or trying at least.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    YouTube, plain and simple. Anyone can learn anything they want on YouTube, although, the hard part is deciphering what's actually legitimate versus illegitimate information. Web hosting is very competititve and unless you have a ton of clients doesn't make what it used to due to the overall cost of hosting being so cheap.

If you do decide to stick with hosting, it's best to offer plenty of other services to upsell unless you have the branding like one of the bigger names out there.

Scott.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I agree with you as Rob stated, web hosting is quite competitive so it is difficult to triumph with this manner. Anyway, it's also a means to use but for me personally to succeed with this, we want more efforts and investments for a review site. Rather than a review of hosting firms, I'd suggest to build a hosting tutorial website, which helps customers first before thinking of ways to earn with this.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 234/4
    Given: 117/2
    Thanks
    Web Hosting affiliate is very competitive niche. There are lots of things you have to take care of in order to become successful in affiliate marketing. First, you have to build your authority online by providing quality and helpful information. It will also build trust among your readers. Nobody can a buy a product recommended by a stanger. Always choose and promote relevant products and services. Email list is very important to make most out of your affiliate maketing. Hope this helps you.
    Check out my blog @ Technobyet.com

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 2/0
    Thanks
    Affiliate Marketing is aweome, if done in the right way, As you would want to concentrate on web hosting niche, certainly you should. All niches are cometetive.

Create a website with decent domain name according to the niche, write good reviews with screenshots showing how it could affect the loading speed, security etc. There are ton of aspects to get covered in webhosting.

Don't just concentrate on the webhosting which everyone is referring. It could be budget issue for all, to get the renowned web hosting to get started with...

Create review and List post as well. something like

1. Reliable and affordable webhostings
    2. How to Host your website on siteground quickly
    3. Best Shared hostings in the market to get started and more, need to research. There are a lot of scopes, but dont always try to sell web hosting in all of your post. Put in some how to posts a well.

Contenxtual links or buttons always work if placed on the right place.

Have a great day ahead

Navin

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 5/0
    Thanks
    Affiliate marketing is the quickest way to make money on the internet that I know of, that is legal, that you could start today and within a short period of time start to make money.

Newer Threads

1. Salmaan
    Hello
    By Salmaan in forum New Member Introductions
    Salmaan
    Replies: 7 | Views: 1243
    Last post by Salmaan, 04-07-2018, 07:26 PM
  2. MhostR
    MhostR
    Replies: 5 | Views: 2946
    Last post by MhostR, 03-02-2018, 01:59 AM
  3. carolinasky