Who writes checks still?

carolinasky

I am sure there are reasons we all still write checks, but in most case use cards and cash? In most cases when writing a check or drafting from the check account, it takes the draft 3-5 business days depending the bank. I think most of us prefer to be able to pay quickly so if there is an option for card or cash, most will choose one of those. If you are using a card the fastest way to get the money to draft would be to charge it as debit. How do you prefer to pay do to the process time of the checks?

Rob Whisonant

I still use checks when I want physical proof of a transaction. Persons signature, bank account it was deposited to etc.

Mike001

I still use checks when the transaction is of a large significant amount of money and there is a chance, regardless of how small a chance, that there may be litigation involved with the purchase.

What I mean is any time a contractor is involved with a project, professional or personal. There is always a chance when dealing with 3rd parties that disputes can arise from the project. Checks seem to hold up so much better in legal proceedings as a form of proof of payment.

HazelDJ

I prefer check. Aside from it is a good proof of payment, I could easily trace up and identify the bank credit and debit transactions. At the end of the month, the bank sends back the issued checks together with the statement. So, it is easy to reconcile bank statements because of the proof of checks.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views