Disadvantages And Advantages of Jquery ?

Tommy

More and more websites are using Jquery for their script and it plays an important role in web design, it helps for users easy to access areas on websites, blogs and I found it more useful but anyone here can show

Thank much!

shophia

More and more websites are using Jquery for their script and it plays an important role in web design, it helps for users easy to access areas on websites, blogs and I found it more useful but anyone here can show

Thank much!
Here i define some advantages and disadvantages of Jquery.

Advantage:

1) It is a very simple easy to use compared to ordinary javascript and further javascript libraries.

2) It’s allows you to execute hordes of functions in comparison to other Javascript libraries.

3) The JQuery site has an inclusive documentation and tutorials to obtain even an complete beginner in programming to get the ball rolling with this library.

Disadvantage:

1) Functionality maybe limited

2) The JQuery javascript folder is necessary to run JQuery commands, while the size of this folder is moderately very small.

tayloralina

After market site has a comprehensive documentation and tutorials to get even an absolute beginner in programming to get the ball rolling with this library. While the aftermarket has a wonderful library in terms of quantity, depending on the amount of customization that you need on your web site, and limited functionality and thus probably use JavaScript raw perhaps unavoidable in some cases.

aishasony

Advantages:
1) Coders don't have to worry about Browser differences
2) Reduces Server Load as fewer round-trips
3) Widely used, good community support
4) Many components already developed
5) Open Source

Disadvantages:
1) In larger apps, slower to code than PHP or ASP.NET
2) You need to understand CSS
3) Can still be difficult to debug, especially if scripts interfere with each other.
4) Source code is difficult to protect
Can be a little cryptic to read

AlexBell

JQuery provides better design interface to user, its make website more interactive. It ease in use and its not required not extra programs like Adobe Flash etc. But i think its also have a disadvantages like it have limited options, transaction and animations problem etc.

rohanjain

JQuery is easy to use and has a large library and comprehensive with lots of extendable and reusable plugins documentation. But jquery javascript file is required to run JQuery commands.

haleakua

It is a very simple easy to use compared to ordinary javascript and further javascript libraries.
JQuery is easy to use and has a large library and comprehensive with lots of extendable and reusable plugins documentation. But jquery javascript file is required to run JQuery commands.
Why people see it is easy to use while I find it is hard to use if compared with normal Javascript commands. For jQuery, I have learn new commands from it and understand how it works to write a jQuery script correctly.

trinityangel23

I think 1 of advantage of jQuery over its competitors such as Flash and pure CSS is its excellent integration with AJAX. In my own opinion.

rent-a-website

There has been a lot of pros and cons but here is a list of the most common.

PROS

1.Easier to use compared to JavaScript
2.Good User Experience.
3.Much easier to use than plain JavaScript
4. speed is quite impressive.
5.Reduces Server Load
6. Commonly used by others.

CONS

1. You need to learn about CSS and how it works.
2. You need another app to support your the data that you are using.
3. The Source code is a bit painful to use.
4. A bit difficult to debug.

StackOverlap

Just to add some clarity, jQuery itself is just a simplified way to access collections of DOM elements, work with AJAX, and a few other common needs. It provides a consistent API for browser quirks, but those situations are becoming less and less. jQuery plugins aim to provide widgets and common UI features not provided by HTML natively.

jQuery is still very useful, but as browsers mature with each release, many developers are now arguing that jQuery is no longer worth it vs the extra download size. It has also proven itself to be a bad choice for creating web apps, since tying program logic to the DOM becomes a disconnected mess very quickly. Technologies like Angular, React, and Vue are much better for creating complex web apps.

Naira Joshi

Hello,

The biggest advantage to jQuery is everywhere in programming. JQuery is excellent for developing dynamic web pages. It allows the developers to create plugins that would work on top of the JavaScript library. Many people continue to learn it before they advance to frameworks and many other tools implement some features from it.

And the biggest disadvantage would be sheer size. JQuery is easy to install and learn, initially. But it is not that easy if we compare it with CSS. If jQuery is improperly implemented as a Framework, the development environment can get out of control.
Let me know if the answer satisfies your query.

Thanks & Regards
Naira Joshi
Web Development

sagarleo1

Thank much!
Pro's

Eliminates a lot of cross browser JavaScript issues
Can perform complicated JavaScript operations in little code
Can easily add Ajax functionality to app
Has built in UI and effects libraries

Con's

Overhead of adding extra JavaScript to page
Learning curve may not be short for some developers

rajesh1997

The advantages of using jQuery are:

1. JavaScript enhancement without the overhead of learning new syntax

2. Ability to keep the code simple, clear, readable and reusable

3. Eradication of the requirement of writing repetitious and complex loops and DOM scripting library calls

4. Ease of use- it is more easy to use than the standard javascript and other libraries.

5. Large library – It has a lot of functions compared to javascript.

6. Strong opensource community – there are a lot of plugins available for the faster development of the applications.

7. Great documentation and tutorials – the jQuery website has plenty of tutorials that are required for the beginners.

The disadvantages of jQuery

Of course, jQuery is not be the pink of perfection. As of jQuery deficiencies I found presently includes:

â—†Not backward compatible. Each new version is not compatible with earlier versions. For example, some new version no longer support some selector, the new jQuery retained no support for them, but simply removed. This may affect the developers have written code or plug-in.

â—†Plugin compatibility. Similarly, when a new version of the jQuery launch, if developers want to upgrade, to see whether to support the plugin author. Under normal circumstances, in the latest version of jQuery, the existing plug-in may not be normal use. More plug-in developers to use, the probability of this happening is also higher. I have a meeting in order to upgrade to jQuery 1.3, to amend the do it yourself a third party plugins.

â—†The use of multiple plug-ins on the same page, it is easy to encounter conflicts, especially these plugins to rely on the same event or selector when the most obvious. Although this is not jQuery's problem, but it is really a difficult to debug and solve problems.

â—†The stability of jQuery. It didn't make my browser crashes, I here refers to the version release strategy. JQuery version 1.3 released after only a few days, issued a bug fixed version of 1.3.1. They also removed some of the features of the support, normal operation may affect many code. I hope that similar changes do not appear again.

â—†In the large frame, jQuery core code library support for animation and special effects are relatively poor. But in fact this is not a problem. At present in this area have a separate jQuery UI project and many plugins to

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.