• QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks

Is Anyone Else On Xenforo 2?

What do you think so far? I prefer it much more to Xenforo 1. Easier to use. Obviously the add-ons are quite lacking right now, but out of box, I can't complain. It looks so good on the mobile too, as it fits perfectly and lays out in a way that makes sense. With XF1, it was just the web version on a cell phone, where you have to scroll around and zoom back and forth... so XF2 makes it much better and perfect for mobile.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 116/0
    Given: 748/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
    What do you think so far? I prefer it much more to Xenforo 1. Easier to use. Obviously the add-ons are quite lacking right now, but out of box, I can't complain. It looks so good on the mobile too, as it fits perfectly and lays out in a way that makes sense.
    It is a new version of Xenforo and it is good but not really stable if you use addons for it because they are changing its cores pretty much, some addons could work with current version but may not work with next Xenforo 2 versions.

I'm also using xenforo 2 for a forum and going to use for many sites/forum in the future, mentioned about it in this thread review smartphone forum on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
    With XF1, it was just the web version on a cell phone, where you have to scroll around and zoom back and forth... so XF2 makes it much better and perfect for mobile.
    I think it didn't have more changes on templates when viewing on mobile devices, Xenforo 1.5x worked as well on mobile but Xenforo 2 is better because it has any new & better features if compared with XF1. Anyway, Xenforo 2 is moderate and worth using for forums but it still needs to improve somethings to be better for search engines and users .

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wms View Post
    It is a new version of Xenforo and it is good but not really stable if you use addons for it because they are changing its cores pretty much, some addons could work with current version but may not work with next Xenforo 2 versions.

I'm also using xenforo 2 for a forum and going to use for many sites/forum in the future, mentioned about it in this thread review smartphone forum on this forum.

I think it didn't have more changes on templates when viewing on mobile devices, Xenforo 1.5x worked as well on mobile but Xenforo 2 is better because it has any new & better features if compared with XF1. Anyway, Xenforo 2 is moderate and worth using for forums but it still needs to improve somethings to be better for search engines and users .
    Good points. I actually feel as though mine has had solid results with SEO. I think maybe because I'm in a bit of a niche, which obviously helps. I'm sure with time that all the kinks will be worked out, but I personally have not had any issues with XF2.

Newer Threads

1. seojc99
    Rob Whisonant
    Replies: 1 | Views: 229
    Last post by Rob Whisonant, 02-07-2018, 09:16 AM
  2. tanja23
    Sam
    Replies: 10 | Views: 663
    Last post by Sam, 04-18-2018, 03:21 AM
  3. tanja23
    vishwa
    Replies: 2 | Views: 220