Is Anyone Else On Xenforo 2?

Shutout

What do you think so far? I prefer it much more to Xenforo 1. Easier to use. Obviously the add-ons are quite lacking right now, but out of box, I can't complain. It looks so good on the mobile too, as it fits perfectly and lays out in a way that makes sense. With XF1, it was just the web version on a cell phone, where you have to scroll around and zoom back and forth... so XF2 makes it much better and perfect for mobile.

wms

Administrator
Staff member
What do you think so far? I prefer it much more to Xenforo 1. Easier to use. Obviously the add-ons are quite lacking right now, but out of box, I can't complain. It looks so good on the mobile too, as it fits perfectly and lays out in a way that makes sense.
It is a new version of Xenforo and it is good but not really stable if you use addons for it because they are changing its cores pretty much, some addons could work with current version but may not work with next Xenforo 2 versions.

I'm also using xenforo 2 for a forum and going to use for many sites/forum in the future, mentioned about it in this thread review smartphone forum on this forum.

With XF1, it was just the web version on a cell phone, where you have to scroll around and zoom back and forth... so XF2 makes it much better and perfect for mobile.
I think it didn't have more changes on templates when viewing on mobile devices, Xenforo 1.5x worked as well on mobile but Xenforo 2 is better because it has any new & better features if compared with XF1. Anyway, Xenforo 2 is moderate and worth using for forums but it still needs to improve somethings to be better for search engines and users :D.

Shutout

Shutout
Good points. I actually feel as though mine has had solid results with SEO. I think maybe because I'm in a bit of a niche, which obviously helps. I'm sure with time that all the kinks will be worked out, but I personally have not had any issues with XF2.

Dopani

What do you think so far? I prefer it much more to Xenforo 1. Easier to use.
I used Xenforo 1 in the past and now I am having a Xenforo 2 forum too. It loads very fast and agreed as you said, it is easy to use and control my forum.

Obviously the add-ons are quite lacking right now, but out of box, I can't complain.
Not only that but also price of addons are higher than XF1 because it is pretty new thus I think Xen developers needs time to understand it to good addons.

It looks so good on the mobile too, as it fits perfectly and lays out in a way that makes sense. With XF1, it was just the web version on a cell phone, where you have to scroll around and zoom back and forth... so XF2 makes it much better and perfect for mobile.
Agree with this, Xenforo 2 is optimized better for mobile devices and with new features, even you could view all elements on mobile like you see on a desktop. :)

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.