Converting cold email into sales?

tanja23

While there are millions of email lists out there, waiting to be sold on places like Seoclerks and similar, I would love to know how many of those spam campaigns convert into actual sales?

Is it 0.0001 percent or maybe slightly more? I mean, when you count the associated costs for sending emails in bulk, is it worth it? I really doubt it, but please, do share your experience.

Thanks!

zomgmike

ASSUMING you obtained the list in a manner that lets you legally email the people on it, I'd imagine the general guidelines are the same as with a warmer non-purchased list. I'm hoping you are saying "spam" in the casual sense of "email blast".

1. Present a genuinely good deal. Consumers aren't dumb and you lose their trust if you tell them something is a good deal and it they know it isn't...especially if you nosed your way into their inbox to do it.
2. Don't spam.
3. All marketing like that is a numbers game. I've never purchased a list, but based on my experience with lists I've generated myself (customer signups) that I've later emailed, open rates are anywhere between 3 and 30 percent based on how click-baity the subject is. Click throughs are 5-10 percent of those. Orders are maybe 5% of that. So if you start with a list of 100,000 customers and you get optimistic responses, you're talking 150 signups out of 100,000 emails. That's optimistic. It sounds like you're talking a lot colder than your own customer base.
4. Don't spam.
5. Don't spam.

But seriously, don't spam. You can send legitimate bulk email. You can get your ad included in other people's bulk email (I just had one included in a blast to the forum members of another forum.) These are going to be much better ways of generating conversions that actual spam.

sidrawat

There are a few proven ways that we use to get high response rate from our cold emails. The central goal of sending cold emails is to get it opened, develop rapport and get a reply. Never try to push a deal in your first email instead focus on providing value to the prospect. If you are using an email list, then make sure of its quality first as a high bounce rate would affect your email’s deliverability.

robert4u

Email marketing is dead, there are too many mailers and generally these lists are sold to many mailers so this is inefficient as the people in the list are already getting too many mails.

Rob Whisonant

Email marketing is dead, there are too many mailers and generally these lists are sold to many mailers so this is inefficient as the people in the list are already getting too many mails.
100% wrong. Email marketing is NOT dead. It's still one of the BEST ways to make huge amounts of money. Now if someone does not know how to properly email market, they of course will go broke trying. :)

While there are millions of email lists out there, waiting to be sold on places like Seoclerks and similar, I would love to know how many of those spam campaigns convert into actual sales?
Thanks!
If it is a legitimate list that people signed up for and understood that their email is being passed along to many marketers.... AND you can find out exactly what they signed up for and are expecting you can make money from a purchased list.

The big thing is to give them what they signed up for.

Many biz-op email lists are sold. Ones that the person signed up to learn what biz-ops are available.

Another point is to find out how many times the list has been sold already. The lower the better. You will find list hat sell (actually rent) for a low price are old, oversold or total trash that will cause a ton of spam complaints.

Buy lists from brokers that do lead acquisition and only rent the list to a small number of marketers.

archetypechasingXX

I will assume your list is interested in what you offer in some degree. Anyway, the best way to convert your cold email leads into clients is by following up till you get a response or for a fixed number of times. You would be surprised by how many follow-up emails it takes to get a response.

You need to trigger emotions, you need to let them know why in hell they would need your service, show them the benefits and that's all.

AlextheGreat

To get the sales on cold email marketing is a bit difficult but not impossible. It totally depends upon your product and your approach.

I personally recommended you do not send a sales pitch approach in the first email instead of focusing on delivering valuable service/product knowledge. Whether you are doing cold email marketing, please make sure your email list can give you high deliverability and an open rate.

Represent your email with the emotions and benefits; they feel that they need your service badly and convert it into a sale.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.