How to Edit HTML script on a wordpress blog.

PMonroe

Hello there i have a wordpress blog , i am using a sub domain from Wordpress with a free theme,
is it possible to edit on the free theme ? i mean adding a few html tags or scripts.
I have already looked for the options but still didn't find the Html edit option.
Can anyone tell me what is the fact.
Looking for experts suggestions.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
is it possible to edit on the free theme ?
Hey PMonroe,

It is quite possible to edit on free themes or whatever paid themes if you want.
Just go to themes folder and select theme name which you are using to edit files there.
For examples
index.php
single.php
category.php
...etc

If you are wanting to edit temple of tag page, you can look into files as tag.php, archive.php

i mean adding a few html tags or scripts
You need to add tags for your posts and showing it on a widget or from tag page.

Hope that helped.

PMonroe

I didn't ask to optimize content publishing from my blog , For example , adding attributes or doing some on page seo .
did you get my point ?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Marc van Leeuwen
Yes I got your point and as I guided you, just opening files as mentioned and you will all html tags in them to edit on-page SEO if wanted.
If you want to help further, you can share screenshot of your web page and pasting codes from files that you want to edit here. I can help you.

timothypangilinan

First of all, you need to have knowledge about the basics on how a Wordpress theme actually works. You're going to learn how to edit a Wordpress theme once you know its basic concepts.
Before you can edit your Wordpress theme, you must first make a child theme. Child theme secures your original existing theme documents that's why it's really necessary. You also have better chances to undo more changes immediately when you edit a child theme. Once you had activated the child theme, then you can now edit more.

PMonroe

PMonroe
Thanks for your Response , sounds good to hear from you,
Please let me know is it possible to make a child theme for free . how can i start with?
Thanks in advance

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.