Using personal device to manage, create content for company social media accounts?

LexRex

Hello all,

I was recently hired as a social media manager for a large university. After being hired, I was shocked to learn they expected me to use my personal cell phone device to manage all the university's email accounts along with creating content (taking pictures, video, etc.). Is this normal? I can use the university wifi to avoid using my data to post, but it's still wear-and-tear on my personal phone. I also wonder about security issues mixing my personal and business work.

I've been in previous social media positions at smaller institutions and was provided a work cell for the task.

Just curious about your thoughts - thanks in advance!

LexRex

Hello! Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm an employee, full time.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
Being an employee I would bring it up. They may feel they are paying enough to include the use of your personal phone. Also ask them, if your phone is not available because it's broke or disconnected, will they be providing you the tools (phone) you need to perform your job.

LexRex

Thanks so much for this info!

I'll do that. I appreciate your help :D

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.