What is DA in SEO?

paul1129

DA is Domain Authority. And it has nothing to do with SEO as its a third party metrics.

vishwa

Domain Authority is a third party metrics and it does not have anything related to your search engine rankings. However, It will show you how your site may perform in search engines. So, the data is not accurate. I hope so.

sree31

DA (domain authority) is an SEO metric by Moz, based on 40+ factors. It's used to indicate the authority of a domain. The higher your DA, the better it is. Sites with higher DA tend to rank better than the lower ones. However, it's not used by Google as a ranking factor. There are plenty of free tools to check the DA of your website. The key to increase DA is to get high quality backlinks and write high quality content.

robert4u

Although Domain Authority does not play direct role for search engine optimization but I believe it is one of the factor which may play some role so its always better to have higher DA

Killua7

DA is domain authority, this is the majestic created by Moz. But for now, Moz's update is not exactly any more. You shoudn't follow the DA when taking part in SEO. If you are newbie, you can try UR and DR from Ahrefs for reference.

JanviArora

DA is an abbreviation of Domain Authority which is basically a search engine ranking score ranging from 1 to 100, developed by Moz. It uses machine learning and takes data from Mozscape web index and includes link counts, MozRank and MozTrust scores, and some other factors. You can get you website DA score either on Moz bar(Chrome Extension) or in Open Site Explorer. Although it does have anything to do with Google Ranking, it surely tells us the quality of the website.

acemetillidie0001

DA is a tool, but it's not "THE" determinant. Google doesn't use this as a ranking factor as it's MOZ's own ranking factor while looking at numerous values to determine the DA. It is however still a good tool for webmasters to look at when evaluating their own website or competitors's backlinks when looking at quality.

Scott.

Knightmedia

If anything its a completely misleading MOZ metric, you get way more value just looking at the top ranking pages and looking at what they have. For example I looked at a keyword I am targeting, it became clear only the top 3 results had actual SEO competition. The others were just ranking from backlinks and content meaning getting to rank 4 on those keywords should be really easy.

KaapoJed

Domain Authority (DA) is nothing just a metric number or score by Moz. There's nothing to do with rankings in DA or PA.
MOZ do provides DA or PA scores according to inbound or outbound link a website. The SPAM score, inbound or outbound links quantities will decide your web-page's DA.

ChristiBraunstein

If anything its a completely misleading MOZ metric, then you get way more worth just taking a look at the very top ranking pages and considering what they have. By way of example I looked in a keyword I am targeting, it became clear only the top 3 results had real SEO competition. The others were just standing from backlinks and content meaning getting to position 4 on those key words should be really easy.

TheLarbyAMR

As far I know Domain Authority. And I don't what it is. :( help to understand.

juliaann

Agreed with @paul1129 but still, people prefer to use high DA (Domain Authority) to get higher quality back links.

efusionworld

DA is very important for a website because it will help new pages of content (including blog posts) get indexed more quickly and have a better chance of ranking prominently in the search results.

simicartan

Domain Authority, If you get backlinks from high domain authority sites, it will help your site too? Am I right?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Marc van Leeuwen
More people suppoesed that but I didn't have an opportunity to try it :)

Maybe it is right because when you have a backlink on a quality site or a high domain authority site then it will be considered as a quality backlink.

Daniel@30

DA occupies for Domain Authority & PA stands for Page Authority. These are the metrics determined by MOZ and is described as below:

Domain Authority

Domain Authority is a number measured by MOZ out of 100. It forecasts how good any Website will rank in SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages).

helenruybal

DA is the Domain authority which is the metric provided by the moz to give the rank from 0-100.

vigneshb

DA is expansion of Domain Authority. It’s Search Engine Ranking score developed by Moz
Domain Authority is a score measured by MOZ out of 100.

Thanks,

WP Android

Domain Authority is a Search Engine ranking score developed by Moz that predicts how well a website will rank on search engine result pages.
DA is important for Ranking because of it influences how you rank on search engines. That ranking can determine whether or not people even find your Website.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.