Short URL or very long URL for SEO?

haleakua

I have two questions, I am using SEO by Yoast on my Wordpress site and it shorten my url by removing stop words thus the urls are pretty short in many cases. Should I keep short url or allowing full/long url? according to you, which one should I use on post title ?

paul1129

Short or long don't matter as long as you do good SEO everything will turn out to be good.

Descriptive urls only have this advantage that they will very easy for your audience to remember.

Killua7

Of course you should keep short url. But it shouldn't be too short, it need to long enough for visitors to remember.

RickeySheffield

I've got two questions, I'm using SEO from Yoast on my Wordpress site and it elevates my site by eliminating stop words so the urls are pretty short in many scenarios. Can I maintain short url or letting full/long url? According to I use on article title ?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Of course you should keep short url. But it shouldn't be too short, it need to long enough for visitors to remember.
I agree with you on this point.

I've got two questions, I'm using SEO from Yoast on my Wordpress site and it elevates my site by eliminating stop words so the urls are pretty short in many scenarios. Can I maintain short url or letting full/long url? According to I use on article title ?
I would remove stop words from SEO by yoast and using full url if possible. Of course is you should keep your urls not too long.

paritosh

I have two questions, I am using SEO by Yoast on my Wordpress site and it shorten my url by removing stop words thus the urls are pretty short in many cases. Should I keep short url or allowing full/long url? according to you, which one should I use on post title ?

If your URL short or long this doesn't matter for SEO and it has no impact.
But if the URL is readable and memorable to the visitors then this is perfect for you.

prawalikaroy

An URL for SEO should neither be short nor long. It should be medium as per user's perception and SEO as well.

crazyhosting123

if you use long url then your should more keyword lelated and if you use short url then one keyword come in.

Giang Dang

Short URL would help Google to index your page faster, and it could be the best if the URL contains keywords. So you should keep your URL short within 5 words, and the main keyword have to be included in the URL.
The good URL should have no more than 3 "/", for example: abc.com/category/product/info

davidlee21

Keep the URL short but make sure the visitors are able to remember the URL. Try to keep the post title as URL.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.