How much to charge for keyword research?

Hugo E.

Hey guys,

I need your advice on this. I am having a web client and he asked me for a quote on how much it would cost for basic keyword research & keyword research with competitive analysis. I've done plenty of keyword research for my websites but never done with a client before thus I have no idea what I should charge for the work.

Do you guys have experience with this sorts of thing and know what a standard price would be?

Thanks for your help!

paul1129

You can charge whatever you like. I mean its your first client.

Rob Whisonant

Shop your competition. See what they are charging. Then determine if you provide less or more value to a client than one of your competitors. Set your price to reflect your value as compared to your competitors. Then split test pricing extensively.

SEOPub

For me that would depend on what kind of competitive analysis they want done. If they want me to give an overview of how difficult each and every keyword is, I'm probably going to charge $1200 or more for that.

If they just have 2-3 competitors in mind they want me to analyze, then probably in the $500-800 range depending on the scope of the market.

LadyExplorer

This will depends on the load of hard work in performing the keyword research and also the range of your target users if it is low or in competitive field.

baldwinjackson

Well there isn't any fix rate for SEO services totally depends upon your niche and competition. I would suggest to take a quote from any local agency where your client belongs to have better idea. All the best

Jovani

Hey guys,

I need your advice on this. I am having a web client and he asked me for a quote on how much it would cost for basic keyword research & keyword research with competitive analysis. I've done plenty of keyword research for my websites but never done with a client before thus I have no idea what I should charge for the work.

Do you guys have experience with this sorts of thing and know what a standard price would be?

Thanks for your help!
I think it will be not expensive as keywords ranking services.
So, you can choose a good price and tell your client what they should pay :)

freakyinnovators

If you have to do keyword research for one of your client then the simple idea to get the cost is first decide your hourly rate and then calculate the hours to complete the keyword research and competitor research task. Then just multiply the hours and your hourly rate. That will be the cost which you can share with your client.

vishwa

Your pricing should depend on your expertise on the field. If you are doing keyword research effectively then keyword research cost around $250 to $1000 depends on the project and its budget.

paritosh

Keyword research is the initial stage for SEO and plays an important role for each optimization with any website. Therefore, it is very much dependable and important task now about the price you want to charge for it, this totally depends on clients requirements and how much you are expert in the work?...

Giang Dang

In most of my cases, I calculate the cost by estimating the working hours. If there would be big number of keywords and there are so many competitors on the keywords, the task might cost me 20 working hours, for example, so I multiply them with $30 per hour. It is fair enough, right?

markbatham

Its always depends, of the better way is calculate your work hours you have given for completing this task and then break your current payout (if you are working) in hours and multiply both of them.
In this way you can know a lump sump amount for the same.

OctaBaz

keyword research is most basic step of SEO and one who decided to be in SEO can do it himself, so you must'nt charge more than 5$

emililadjet

Hello Hugo,
you must claim $50 for an hour of work.

Hugo E.

Hugo E.
Never mind if I can get quality work from that.

How to manage works if I pay for per hour for work? I never have got experience on this :)

Drandy4

This totally depends on you. No one can suggest you in this case. :)

susanburling

Hey guys,

Thanks for your help!
It totally depends on you how much to charge if there are a lot of keywords to research than charge more if less than charge less. You can also plan a strategy in order to take his project by providing him keyword research at free of cost.

denverdonate

Find a local competitor and match their price, offer a better price, or charge a higher price and explain that your prices are better than the local competition and so there is a premium for your services.

keyword research is most basic step of SEO and one who decided to be in SEO can do it himself, so you must'nt charge more than 5$
LOL, I've never heard that before but if it works for you then ok...

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.