Performing Backlink Audit - Need Tips & Suggestions

jpsurfer05

Hello WMS Members,

Hope you all doing well and learning.

I have been recently into performing a backlink audit for one of our client. His website almost have around 2600 backlinks and I checked manually for many of them and many either are not working or not good enough.

I also see many backlinks are from same domain, Some backlinks form the listing website such as yellow pages. When a user search for query in yellow pages related to his service, the possible supplier within his area appears. And the same URL showing in backlink however the primary listing is also appearing in backlinks but it is happening for over a 20 search query's.

So he has around 20 backlinks in the GWMT for yellow pages only. It happens to some others as well. My questions should I disavow all the URL or should keep the root domain.

Thanks

venkatweetz

I think no need to disavow. Even though it had 20+ backlinks from same domain, google will still consider & give weightage for one link. Check the yellow page site & its quality, traffic & Domain authority, if it is good, you don't need to disavow.

daikaads

Hello WMS Members,

Hope you all doing well and learning.

I have been recently into performing a backlink audit for one of our client. His website almost have around 2600 backlinks and I checked manually for many of them and many either are not working or not good enough.

I also see many backlinks are from same domain, Some backlinks form the listing website such as yellow pages. When a user search for query in yellow pages related to his service, the possible supplier within his area appears. And the same URL showing in backlink however the primary listing is also appearing in backlinks but it is happening for over a 20 search query's.

So he has around 20 backlinks in the GWMT for yellow pages only. It happens to some others as well. My questions should I disavow all the URL or should keep the root domain.

Thanks
It's tough to identify the bad links from 2600 backlinks. All you have to do is look for links that are not relevant to your website and if you really think that affects your ranking then go for disavowing.

Knightmedia

go to semrush.com. and do a link audit there, it will show toxicity and potentially dangerous links and their "toxicity" levels. Links with high toxicity levels are likely to negatively impact his page and those are the ones you should disavow, the semrush tool is actually pretty good and accurate. That will help you determine what to disavow and what not to.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.