How to Implement AMP for HTML website?

markste159

Hi dear friends. Still, I am having doubt about Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP). My Website already built and now I am looking to improve for AMP pages. But I don't know how to do. I need to add some of AMP codes into an already built website or need to develop the new website? I am in big confusing right now. Can anyone help me?

Rob Whisonant

If your pages load fast already, don't waist your time with AMP. Lot's of these so called technologies come and go. If your site works fine as it is and loads quickly, don't try to fix something that is not broke.

Mike001

I saw this post a couple weeks ago and wanted to do a little research on the AMP technology before chiming in to the question.

After doing a bunch of reading on the AMP technology I have to agree with Rob. The technology is relatively new and based on what I have read, and actually trying the implementations that are recommended for page optimization and then viewing the search results and speed optimization data I saw almost no difference on site performance, if the site had already been developed with a mobile first design.

If your site is working well in its present configuration I would not change the site.

When frameworks, and that is what AMP is, start modifying the basic structure of HTML and JavaScript, that is always a red flag to me. With modifications to the basic web structure there is an opportunity to lock a user into their framework. I do not like being locked into any tool when I develop for the web.

Most of the analytical tools that are provided in the framework are available through Google Admin Tools or can be easily written with available technologies, if needed. Many of the tools I viewed and experimented with were useful to a point but much of the data was really not needed.

The claim to fame was increased speed and mobile friendliness but again most developers are already developing in a mobile first environment.

Daniel@30

Hi,

You need to remove ALL the javascript except the one the AMP people give you:

<script async src="https://cdn.ampproject.org/v0.js"></script>

Among other things you cant include 3rd party css/external style sheets

HTH!:)

Regards,

TechTIQ Solutions

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.