Recommend Me A Simple Php Crawler

sunny_pro

Php Buddies,

Yes, yes, I know. Someone recomemnded a Java crawler but I am into php. Already struggling with one language and so let us stick to just one for the time being.
I used to use Sphider on my site as a web crawler.

Sphider - a php spider and search engine

I downloaded the latest now but keep getting error this or that has been deprecated (p_connect or whatever function that connects to mysql). So, stuck with the old version at the end and getting same deprecated error (preg_replace) when trying to index my site.
Therefore, do you guys know of any good php crawler and/or searchengine script ? A gpl one would be good.
Yes, I can check the gpl site but I want your recommendations.
That is all I am asking.

Thanks!

Spidering http://......../

1. Retrieving: http://............. at ......
Size of page: 0.64kb. Starting indexing at .........
Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/user/public_html/sphider/admin/spiderfuncs.php on line 611

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/user/public_html/sphider/admin/spiderfuncs.php on line 612

Indexed
Links found: 0. New links: 0

Completed at 17:32:53.

That is the error getting now. Can't be bothered to fix a third party script. So, now of any updated php crawler that won't show these deprecated errors ?

Mmm. On the other hand. Unless ofcourse, you guys wanna open a tutorial thread on how to build your own simple, mini web crawler with cURL!
Or, know of any good tutorial for beginners like me ?
Problem is, it's a third party script. I'll fix one thing and then will face another deprecated mssg.
Therefore, thought might aswell look elsewhere for a script that is using php 7 upto date stuffs.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.