Can I post someone else's article on my blog?

KaapoJed

If you have the permission or gonna reference the original source of the article then you can do it. Otherwise the first owner of the content can file DMC report against you & google can penalize your site related to duplicate content violations.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
You can't post an article and "just reference the original source" This is called copyright infringement. In order to legally post an entire article that YOU did not write and own copyright to, you MUST have permission of the copyright holder of the article.

SEOPub

If you have the permission or gonna reference the original source of the article then you can do it. Otherwise the first owner of the content can file DMC report against you & google can penalize your site related to duplicate content violations.
You can't post an article and "just reference the original source" This is called copyright infringement. In order to legally post an entire article that YOU did not write and own copyright to, you MUST have permission of the copyright holder of the article.
Rob is absolutely right. Ignore KaapoJed. He is completely wrong on this.

paul1129

To post the entire article. You have to have the permission.

Russ

Russ
To post even part of the article you probably need permission. Short excerpts may or may not be permissible under the "fair use" doctrine if you cite the original source and your use is educational and not commercial. But fair use is a bot of a squishy concept legally. You depend more on not being worth suing than knowing that your use is definitely permitted.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
Totally agree. The fair use doctrine is not cut and dry. I cringe when I see these auto script curation products being sold. You have to really think about what you are going to post before you post it. When in doubt, always ask permission first. And keep the correspondence! :)

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads