HELP: Need a Better Title to Siphon Traffic from a Brand Name

theprb

There is a brand that we don't like in a niche one of our websites operates in. My goal is to siphon traffic away from them. Thus far we have managed to get number 1 rankings in Google for "brand name review" "brand name reviews" and a juicy number 2 ranking for "brand name"!

This has been excellent and we have gotten a fair amount of hits with this strategy. We are dominating the "reviews" and getting something like 50% CTR, so that is well under control. However, the brand name searches have far more volume than the review searches. "Brand name" search has about 40x the search volume of "brand name review".

Also, as you may know, when someone searches for a simple brand name, they often are trying to find the brand name's website and nothing else, so CTR are very low to other sites, but again the volume is very high. As such, I really want to increase our CTR for the brand name searches. To this end, I made a change with very positive results about 6 weeks ago. Here are some stats before and after our article title changes:

Before
Title = Brand Name Review
CTR = "brand name" searches was 0.9-1.1%

After
Title = Brand Name Review - Read this before you deposit real money!
CTR = "brand name" searches now 2.2-3%

As you can see, the title change itself did wonders for CTR, resulting in 200-250% increase in organic CTR. I suspect this is because we have appealed to some sort of fear button as well as called the reader to action directly with "read this" & "you".

To those of you who are experts at title creation, are there any tweaks or outright title changes you might suggest that we could increase our CTR even further? I'd love to get 5% of their traffic and really put a dent in their business!

paul1129

How you are doing it? I mean ignoring trademark infringement.

theprb

There is no trade mark infringement.

If I wrote a review that was titled "SEO Motionz Forum Review - Learn Why You Should Avoid This Forum" and it ranked in Google's number 2 spot for "SEO Motionz Forum" how on God's green Earth would you interpret that as "trademark infringement"? That is all that is happening here. I rank #2 for the "brand name" just like "SEO Motionz" is a "brand name" and I want to have a catchier title to get more clicks.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.