Pros and Cons of guest posts on my blog?

haleakua

More people are asking guest posts on my blog but I am considering this because they will add their website links into posts which can make the quality of post content decrease, right? What are Pros and Cons of guest posts on my blog? Does it hurt SEO for my blog?

Your comments would be appreciated.

Marga

There are some things you should consider:
- prepare a guest posts guidelines- you can include things like: minimum number of words e.g. 1500, maximum number of links, topics
- topic of a guest post should be relevant to your existing content
- check posts for plagiarism- uniqueness matters
- check posts for quality- remember that you don't have to accept every post people send you. Everyone does it to get a link back to their website but some people forget that their posts should provide value to the readers
- edit post if needed, check for spelling etc. However, confirm changes with the author.
- if you exchange posts- check the website of other party- don't link to your website on poor quality sites
- don't accept too many guest posts- they should enrich your blog, not to replace your posts. Different approach to a topic can be interesting to your audience but you can lose them if they see only posts from random people.

Hope that helps!

vishwa

If you allow guest posts on your blog then it will be very helpful to keep up the flow of content and save your time for promotion. However, There are some points need to be considered while accepting guest posts on your blog. It must be unique, well written and relevant to your blog niche. Do not accept palgarized content or copyrighted images. Hope this will help you.

Virender

Pros
== Guest posting help spread product and brand awareness.
== Guest posting helps your build your writing credibility.
== It helps you build your site's authority.

Cons
== You become a target of spammers when you guest post.
== Penalization for Keyword Stuffing.
== Poor Content.

Marga

Marga
I disagree with this one. Having good guidelines helps. Guest posting gives a great opportunity to have high-quality content on your website. It depends on who you accept as a writer and if you approve only selected articles.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.