Youtube screenshot copyright?

Nemanja

Premium Member
Hi there,

My question is, if I take a screenshot of a YouTube video and use it on my own website, is that legal?

Waiting for your valuable answers!

vishwa

I don't think so. Whatever you take from the video have clear consent and permission from the publisher. Otherwise, you will be sued for it. The Video owner can file a DMCA notice against you and your website get suspended. Better contact the video creator and tell them what you want to use. It is the safest way to do things online.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
My question is, if I take a screenshot of a YouTube video and use it on my own website, is that legal?
I agree with @vishwa and you can be reported if the owner of those images know you get from them.
The best way is create images by yourself or using images from free sources.

Rob Whisonant

Hi there,

Waiting for your valuable answers!
Totally depends on your intended purpose of use. If you are just using it for your benefit and not the video creators benefit, you are 100% in violation of copyright.

If you are using a thumbnail image and linking it to the video, that could fall under fair use. You would need to consult a lawyer on that though.

JessicaLawrence

This is legal if you specify the author under your screenshot in your article. When I wrote my article, I did so, only I was more worried about another issue. I had a problem taking a screenshot on my phone, and with copyright, there is nothing to solve at all. Yes, the author will not mind, only if it is not plagiarism or something like that. I tried to take a screenshot on the phone, but apparently, the settings were reset. After reading on the Internet, I came across an article, which solved my problem. This is a detailed instruction if the same failures occur. The dilemma was solved, and just by specifying the copyright, I put up my article.

Last edited:

Albertina

Videos have copyright protection so if you are taking any screenshot from that video also has copyright protection. However, there are fair use exceptions in the United States in which you can use copyright material under certain circumstances.

lexiavenge

Ask permission from the owner of the video since videos have copyright protection. Better to be safe than sorry.

kumarankittravel

Using a screenshot of a YouTube video on your own website may potentially be a copyright violation, as it involves using someone else's content without their permission. However, there are some circumstances where using a screenshot may fall under fair use, such as if you're using it for educational or commentary purposes. To be sure, it's best to obtain permission from the copyright owner or consult a legal professional.

GustavE

There is a 75% chance that you will have problems in the long term. It depends on the popularity of your website

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views