Do comments help SEO for blogs?

Maxwell

I have a blog with medium and long articles, I am considering to open comments for articles but I don't know that will help SEO better for my blog or not, or I should disable comment feature on my blog to avoid spams. What are your thoughts?

Rob Whisonant

Post engagement is a good thing. It makes a site look more active. It may not really do anything for SEO but it does keep readers on your site longer and actually can build your trust factor with your blog readers.

Yes, open up and allow comments. Just hold all comments for moderation.

WP Android

Yes, Blog comments help for SEO. Whenever you search for ways to create backlinks then you can see one method on all the posts on SERP which is Blog Commenting.

coolsitesv

Yes, of course it's a good thing to connect with your fellow bloggers. That way you can build relation with them and it also attracts visitors who would like to reach you by reading your comments.

vishwa

Comments are really a good way to engage with your readers with active and constructive conversation. However, Today majority of comments are done for making backlinks. Spammers will flood yourod blog with spam comments if you don't have any sapm prevention plugins like Askimet. Ultimately, Its solely depends on you whether you want to open comments or not?

DeniseMBarnes

Hello,
This is my answer, Yes, You are able to see a single method on most of the posts on SERP which is website 24, At any time you seek out ways to generate traffic afterward.

surendervikram

More comments mean -

(1) creates more content, which search engines love,
(2) creates more relevant keywords that can be searched, and
(3) helps with "freshness" of the site/content leading to greater site authority.

If you have posts on your blog which are getting comments this must be a key indicator to search engines that your content (post) is worth talking about and thus I'm sure helps with SEO.

paul1129

I have a blog with medium and long articles, I am considering to open comments for articles but I don't know that will help SEO better for my blog or not, or I should disable comment feature on my blog to avoid spams. What are your thoughts?
Engagement is good. Although links through your comments will dilute the link profile of your page.

paul1129

Blog commenting for links is spamming. The links are weak AF too. Total waste of time.
Exactly correct.

Blog commenting is very crucial for SEO. Do comment on Do-Follow blogs, article sure you will get result.
But Commenting isn't bad. If you post relevant information (or your point of view) and/or that somehow your comment supplement the concerned article information then you can get referral traffic out of it.

juliaann

Blog commenting is a wonderful link building technique, Which really helps to build backlinks. Apart from the Backlinks, Link building is also a great method to get in touch with expereince Blogger and it's also a great way to increase Knowledge.

Traffic

If I was to manually try an approve blogs I would spend my whole life never doing anything else. You either let them run wild with spam which still helps with seo or block them and have a clean looking site. I vote the clean site.

tech8181

Definitely a Yes, it helps your audience to interact and build a trust on you, they would like to linger more on your blog and a lot of them will also help in posting valuable content on your blog which is better than practice on the internet. you will have healthy blog like this. Keep your comments moderated.

ruwaidmalik

Blog comments are good and definitely recommended. It will also enhance visitors' trust along with other benefits. you can moderate your comments to control spam or there is also plugin for no-follow, i guess. Just go for comments with your measures

ebookmyseat

Yes of course Blog comments help for Seo if you have to post quality content on your blog.

juliaann

Blog Commenting is link building technique & this is not only link building technique. It also helps to know how much knowledge you have for a particular topic.

So Blog Commenting helps on both parts.

hynds

Comment itself doesn't help in SEO on your blog. However, having comments on your articles make the site more active and worthier. People need to stay longer to read and comment on then increase the time on site and descrease the bounce rate

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.