Does WordPress really help to improve search engine rankings?

Maxwell

I'm sure we've all heard that building a site on WordPress can be benefit SEO and improving rankings better other platform. But is it really true?... Does it really help improve rankings over other web building platforms or is it just we're guessing?

Rob Whisonant

One big warning. A LOT of people think that JUST installing an SEO plugin is going to improve their rankings. This is not true at all. You still have to actually know SEO basics and actually use the additional fields etc that the SEO plugin has. You still also need to optimize your interlinking, backlinks etc.

So, if your theme already allows you to edit the title, description and keyword tags, you really don't need an SEO plugin.

Also, take the recommendations that an SEO plugin gives you with a grain of salt. Making the changes can and does on may occasions turn your site into a sterile wasteland that is not reader friendly and has no personality. So, you make all the changes and now, nobody wants to stay on your site and read it. So.......

BE VERY careful if you use an seo plugin. Make sure you understand it and understand SEO in the first place.

SEOPub

I'm sure we've all heard that building a site on WordPress can be benefit SEO and improving rankings better other platform. But is it really true?... Does it really help improve rankings over other web building platforms or is it just we're guessing?
Not true.

no, but Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress helps for better on-page optimization.
And neither is that. It is very easy to have perfect on-page optimization without Yoast. Yoast doesn't do anything unique or special.

As a matter of fact, recently a bug with Yoast caused a whole bunch of sites to lose rankings.

Shumpanting

I'm just getting done setting up a blogsite and plug it with Yoast as a means of SEO? Why is that it really doesn't help? What on-page suggestion should help me with my SEO?

odysseus

It takes care of some things for you that you would otherwise have to do yourself. There are some plugins that can help too. But nothing magical happens, it's still some software running on some hardware somewhere.

juliaann

WordPress is one of the great and free open-source for Blogging and Website. I do notice, Most of the webmasters use WordPress as WordPress is one of the easy and best free open-source as well as it improve search engine rankings.

tech8181

No it does not, all platforms are good just take care of the on page optimization. Everything works just fine.

ruwaidmalik

WordPress is a Content Management Software and its basis purpose is to provide ease in website development throughout website creation and then in additional plugin. It has nothing to do with SEO although it also provide ease in doing SEO through plugins. WordPress only save you from a hell of manual working

nacyreyes

Dear Max, no doubt WordPress can help you to be benefit SEO and improve ranking.

lauratorgerson

Hi

WordPress can be just really an information Management pc software and its own particular purpose will be subsequently in plugin and always to give ease during internet website production in website development. It doesn't have anything regarding search engine optimisation but additionally, it offer simplicity in performing search engine optimisation. You are simply saved by wordPress out of some hell of functioning that is guide

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.