What are the steps to make a YouTube channel private?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Hi everyone,

I want to publish Youtube videos on my websites but not show them on Youtube. Is that possible? and what are the steps to make a YouTube channel private?

Chris DaSilva

1. Go to your Video Manager.
2. Find the video you want to change, then click Edit.
3. In the "Privacy Settings" drop-down menu, choose Private.
4. Click Save changes.

TGiF

hi Marc,

You plan to use YT to upload videos privately only ? You may miss out on tons of free traffic to your website or blog.

Why not, upload videos and some videos keep private and use these video links to embed into your website / blog . ( save you tons of bandwidth and storage issue ) and rest of the videos make them public ?

Happy Youtubing, Marc.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
hi Marc,
You plan to use YT to upload videos privately only ?
Yes of course, some videos I copied from other websites or other Youtube channel hence I don't want to publish on Youtube, that can cause problems about copyright, I only want to share on my website.

You may miss out on tons of free traffic to your website or blog.
Can you elaborate this?

Why not, upload videos and some videos keep private and use these video links to embed into your website / blog . ( save you tons of bandwidth and storage issue ) and rest of the videos make them public ?

Happy Youtubing, Marc.
Yes I want to keep them as private on Youtube but also wanted to show them on my website. Is that possible?

TGiF

hi Marc,

Getting tons of traffic from Youtube, free traffic as when you post the videos to YT, you have a chance to get viewers for your videos, which in the video, you can use the annotation to get the viewers to go to your website or blog. At the same time, in the description part, you can also add some details about your video and add "url shortener" that will redirect them to your website or link. Use the URL Shortener to track where the traffic is coming from.

Create a unique and curious video title to get viewers to click to watch your video, then lead them to your website or blog.

Last edited:
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Aby
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.