1000 mb bandwidth?

harrygreen90

I have seen a shared hosting offer with this feature "1000 mb bandwidth?". What does it mean? I think today hosting offers are providing unlimited banwidth and I can control that on my hosting plans?

vishwa

"Unlimited" is a marketing gimmick done by web hosting companies to attract customers. There is no unlimited like things. 1000MB bandwidth mean that you have approx of 1GB bandwidth for your website.

CNI-Andrew.Oliver

Bandwidth is the amount of data your hosting account is allowed to send/receive per billing period. Bandwidth is used when a visitor access your website, if you upload/download files, stream videos etc. The bigger your website is the more bandwidth you will use. You should also look into services such as cloudflare which serve a cached version of static files from their own servers which will reduce your bandwidth usage.

Unlimited is primarily for marketing, the provider doesn't usually set a limit or sent a very high limit which would leave you to believe that you are getting unlimited however they will still have an Acceptable Usage Policy, if you use too much they will probably need you to upgrade / move your account.

harrygreen90

"Unlimited" is a marketing gimmick done by web hosting companies to attract customers. There is no unlimited like things. 1000MB bandwidth mean that you have approx of 1GB bandwidth for your website.
Oh if it was 1GB bandwidth only, I think it will not enough for my website uses in the future.

Bandwidth is the amount of data your hosting account is allowed to send/receive per billing period. Bandwidth is used when a visitor access your website, if you upload/download files, stream videos etc.
It is calculated by number of data that downloaded/uploaded from my website?

. The bigger your website is the more bandwidth you will use. You should also look into services such as cloudflare which serve a cached version of static files from their own servers which will reduce your bandwidth usage.
Yes on all my websites I used Cloudflare and that saved more Bandwidth.

Unlimited is primarily for marketing, the provider doesn't usually set a limit or sent a very high limit which would leave you to believe that you are getting unlimited however they will still have an Acceptable Usage Policy, if you use too much they will probably need you to upgrade / move your account.
Can I measure exactly how much bandwidth that I am having on my hosting? or I need to ask this from my hosting provider?

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.