Which is the best for SEO with www or without www?

willsonrobin

For Search Engine ranking there is no difference between www and non-www.

The www is just a subdomain of the main domain.
Google considers subdomain and sub-directories equal (i.e. part of the same website, not special in any way).

Thanks

venkatweetz

There is no differences between with www & without www. It is completely up to you. But you shouldn't have both. Choose the desired url & redirect remaining url to final url.

You must have only one copy of your website. Make sure it.

RyanChapman

Basically there is absolutely no difference between www or non www version of your domain when it comes to ranking your website on search engines. Both works the same way. It's only about preference if you want to keep www or not. That's your decision.

Google gives no importance on whether you are using www or non-www version of your url. In fact Google gives more importance on the contents of your webpage and it's backlink profile. However I would suggest to choose any one of these versions and redirect the other one to your chosen version. Otherwise if same content can be accessed on different urls, it will create duplicate content issues for your website. This will hurt your ranking as well.

Google sees both versions as completely different url. So when same content is available on both versions of url, you will face duplicate content issues on your website. This is not good for SEO. The solution is simply redirecting one version to the other one. Usually I prefer non-www version only for my sites.
Thank you so much for sharing your valuable efforts. Could you please, let me know, why you prefer non-www version of url?

juliaann

I don't see website on Top Ranking without www, I do see only website with www & obviously website with www is best and it becomes more best when https add with www

lauratorgerson

Hi

All depends upon your own hosting. Www, and without can perform more than point to an indicator. Seek advice from your host on the structure of your own hosting.

vishwa

WWW and Non-WWW both work well for SEO. Its solely depends on you which one you choose. But Make sure that your website is redirecting only to one version. Otherwise, it will create duplicate content.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.