What is the difference between these two PHP versions?

wurk

Hey all - quick question about PHP Versions. I'm wanting to upgrade my Wordpress PHP version to the latest - but not sure what the difference is between 'PHP 7.2 (alt-php72)' vs 'PHP 7.2 (ea-php72)'?

I changed the PHP version to PHP 7.2 (alt-php72) as a test, and I got a 501 error, then changed it to PHP 7.2 (ea-php72) and it's working fine. Assuming that the PHP 7.2 (ea-php72) is the version I should be using, right?

Sean78Black

I changed the PHP version to PHP 7.2 (alt-php72) as a test, and I got a 501 error, then changed it to PHP 7.2 (ea-php72) and it's working fine. Assuming that the PHP 7.2 (ea-php72) is the version I should be using, right?
For sure, it is the way to test and see which PHP work best for your website. In this case then PHP 7.2 (ea-php72) is your choice.
Don't forget to check server and error logs files and see when you moved to a PHP version. You can see if there are errors there or not. You can choose a PHP version that giving your less errors and making your website run fine.

robert4u

If you are using cloudlinux then use alt-php versions as they are released by cloudlinux.

hostguy

ALT-PHP is provided by cloudlinux and ea-PHP provided by Easy Apache.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.