Does Passive Income Really Exist??

Does Passive Income Online Really Exist?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Momen

:rolleyes2:

I'll admit

The term passive income was completely foreign to me not a long time ago..

When I first heard about it on YouTube, it brought so many aha moments to me ...

I was hooked

So I decided I wanted to dig deeper and find out more about it

What I found surprised me

I was already doing that .. even though I had never even realized it was called passive income!!!!

I might get into how I was earning passive income online some other time

But what I'm more interested in is to know is what members' views on it are

Many well-respected gurus say that it's a complete yth ...

Is it really a myth?

What do you think?

paul1129

Yeah, you can earn for sure. Just you you need to follow the correct ways.

Rob Whisonant

The term passive income has been distorted, manipulated, stretched etc.... To the point it does not have a dictionary meaning anymore. It can mean anything from a savings account that grows interest to a totally distorted view of working 80 hours a week on the computer to make $2.50 a month. :)

Watch the boards. Many people consider passive income = affiliate marketing. Of course, that meaning makes no sense at all. Other may say passive income is when you work 80 hours a week for 6 months and then quit working and sales continue coming in for a few months after you quit working. :)

Momen

I see what you mean. It's exactly this the reason why I suggested to discuss this topic. Do you guys think we can ever agree on what passive income really is? I mean let's be honest for a second here, there's no way you expect making money without spending time/money period!

However, you can spend a little time and/or then get recurring income for years using affiliate marketing in which case it's arguably passive income. You could also put up a course on places like udemy and the like and the platform will sell it for you because they share the profits. You do the work once and profits will continue to come in for months and years to come...

You could as well hire someone to SEO your blog for you so it will continue to bring you money and the costs of SEO will be covered from the profits you make

There are so many avenues in which you can earn passive income online. But like I said, you must put in the work initially and if you know what you're doing, you should be able to earn decent income passively. However scaling it would require putting in more work and more money unless you can automate the entire process or hire a team, in which case it's called leverage income not passive, because you either don't trust the systems to work flawlessly and you'll continue to tweak and update or you will have to manage the teams...

That's just my two cents

hoainam1102

I think it isn't a myth. It's real and that is your salary for your time you spent.

Momen

I would be careful using the term "Salary" because it always implies earning money for time spent doing some work on a 1-1 basis, which is what an employee is. Being an employee is the exact opposite of earning passive income. To me, passive income is where you do the work once, and it keeps earning you residual income over and over. Perhaps an offline example on this is when a sales person closes a deal where the client has to pay recurring payments, he/she only has to close the deal once but they will continue to earn commissions for months and possibly years.

AdminKings

Passive income in terms of a buisness in my understanding is cash income on a regular basis which requires minimal work to maintain. E-Books are a good example or a selling an online course.

There’s ways and means to do it but in most cases, it takes a lot of hard work to get it to that stage. So it can become passive.

Momen

I guess there's no easy way to answer this. Do your due diligence of research, then test :)

Xerof

Off course that exists, but you need to work hard to get it. I am looking for referrals for one page, I am going that last two years, it is hard work (I am doing it every day) but now I have referrals from all over the world, and I am earning money every month when they are active :)

It isn't PTC page it is serious business and serious money.

gracadedues

I think you can earn passive income if you set it up correctly. My understanding of passive income is that you initially have to do some work but then at some point from the initial work that you've done you then get consistent income without doing more work. This can work when you become an affiliate with membership sites or subscription products. This can also work with mlm products. The only thing you need to look out for is that the company is legit and how long they are likely to be around for.

MyLead

Passive income really exist, a lot of people are earning big amount of money from internet without doing anything but in the past they worked hard.

albertgoopter

I think YES

1. Rental income from real estate
2. Dividend from stocks
3. Income from business

I learned these information from Cashflow 101 from Robert Kiyosaki.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are my observation for what these cost in the exchange of returns

Although owners do not work inside, they spend time for research and took risks.
The most important thing is the owner trusted, listened and believed the product works
rather than simply doubting, ignoring and rejecting it.

Trust vs Doubt is sometimes biggest issue people facing.

msulcs

It is possible, but to get to that point you will work hard.

For example, you can get affiliate commissions from a niche website or an authority website. But to get to the point when the income is passive and you're satisfied with the income, you will have to work very hard to build the website and to rank the keywords.

The same can be said for YouTube videos. Before you earn a lot money passively, you must make quality videos and get subscribers and get noticed. Only then you will get organic traffic to your videos which may result in affiliate commissions.

LearnTheNew

Yes, you can earn through online, i have earned my first amount through testing the websites & mobile apps.

Chancer

I made my first real money online as a CAD freelancer, intended to scale that into a business (i.g. automating via hiring others to work for me) but i never finished the plan.
Instead i hard-pivoted into online marketing, content generation, etc. And somewhere along the line found myself knee-deep in crypto.

Anyone who says crypto is passive income is either selling something or has the balls to buy something and hold for 5 years without checking.
Actually, as far as any investments go, nothing is passive income - unless you are a legacy trader.

As i see it you need one of the following:
- sell your own product (this is largely passive, until competition shows up)
- dominate a niche - monetize the site with adsense because AM programs need too much maintaining to be truly passive
- invest (in anything) and forget about until it goes x100 - but you might also lose everything so it's not a great option
- create your own business and scale up until you have others to work for you
- become an influencer and sell your name and opinions to media and brands

I'm still looking for new ways though.
Something like in games where you buy a miner and it generates gold for you XD

eliaslonnroth

Well yeah, you mostly put out a piece of content out there that gradually makes you money without further initial effort. I'd call that passive income. Youtube videos are like real estate, the same goes for articles. It's sweet.

HarveyD

Affiliate is one of the passive incomes, there are lots on the Internet. Diligently seek for it.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.