Is .eu domain good?

paulgl

I am planning to buy a .eu domain name because I will build a website and target audience in EU area. Is .eu domain good? or should I buy a .com domain instead?

vishwa

Yes, If you target country is EU then it will be good choice for you.

Traffic

There is a bit to consider. Do you want to target keywords which will also help with seo with an exact site description in the name? Do you want a brand? Is the brand available in both dot com and .eu? Are the most generic names taken? Can you get something short an abbreviation? LLL.eu. What is the industry your targeting?

Hostens

.eu domain is great if your market audience is strictly Europe or you have a business that has anything to do with European institutions/projects. If your service is not location restricted, then .com is always better to remember.

FeWeb

.com is always better because everyone will type yourwebsitename.com when they remember about your site.

Anyway... if the domain have a good keyword or is already registered as a .com and if you really JUST want to have audience in the EU, probably it's better than a bad .com domain.

Pamela12

It depends on your country choice. If it is for EU, your choice is right.

gracadedues

I don't really know what the market is like in the EU. Are they more educated to remember .eu or are they more familiar with .com. I live in Australia where the domain is .com.au however I've always opted in for .com because it is easier for people to remember. I would say choose whatever people will remember easier. And off course if you ever think you might go global then definitely choose the .com

markbatham

Yes it is good if your target audience if only EU area, but if you target audience is global and for some services/product you wanted to target EU, then go with Multilingual sites, make your main domain .com and the can target a number of Areas with other domain extension or Can create a directory for such audiences.

ResellBox

We suggest you to choose .com rather than the .eu. because .com works fine with all the location, but .eu is restricted to the Europe location. so, it is better to go with the .com. Hope that will meet your needs.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.