How can I change nofollow to dofollow in Wordpress?

paulgl

I am running a Wordpress blog and guest authors asked me to change the nofollow links to dofollow links for their posts created last time. There are a lot of works to do if I open every posts and change that manually. How can I change nofollow to dofollow in Wordpress quickly? I would like to know if I can do that with commands or via a plugin.

Hostens

You can always change the wanted links/information via the database. This function for sure is available on the PHPMyAdmin. Press on the table, then go to "Search and Replace", enter the text you wish to replace and you will see all the lines that will get replaced before you continue. Make sure you have a database copy before you make any changes.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
You need to install Better Search Replace plugin of Delicious Brains, that will help you to change nofollow to dofollow link in Wordpress with some clicks.
Just replace rel="nofollow" with an empty value and the rest this plugin will do for you.

Goyum

The attribute that defines a link as NoFollow is rel=“nofollow”. If you remove the rel=“nofollow” attribute, then your link becomes DoFollow. There is no dofollow value. The absence of the nofollow value makes the link a DoFollow.

The code is added to your theme's functions.php file. The core WordPress code is not modified in any way.

This plugin "DoFollow Case by Case" should do the job: it allows to add dofollow / nofollow on author basis.

wiseman007

I am using the same plugins and it really works, this is very simple. WP External Links seems to be the best one so far

paulgl

Thanks all for your recommendations but to be honest I didn't like using a plugin because it will consume more resource from my website or server, I would like to use a manual way instead like a updated query from mysql or something else.

gplforever.com

You can definitely save yourself a lot of time and effort by using a plugin to change the nofollow links to dofollow links in WordPress. One popular plugin that can help you with this is called "Ultimate Nofollow".

After installing and activating the plugin, you can go to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the post where you want to change the links, and then simply edit the post. Within the post editor, you'll see the option to toggle between nofollow and dofollow for each link.

Alternatively, if you're comfortable with coding and prefer a more hands-on approach, you can use a command to search and replace the nofollow attributes within your posts. However, this method requires some technical knowledge and might be riskier if not done correctly.

But for most users, the plugin route is the quickest and safest way to make these changes across your site.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.