OpenCart vs WooCommerce

wurk

Wanting to start an eCommerce store with either OpenCart or WooCommerce.

I like the idea of OpenCart being a dedicated eCommerce platform, but also like the idea of Wordpress. Both have their ups and downs.

What would you guys recommend?

Rob Whisonant

When I can't decide, I install both and play with them. Then use the one that works best for ME.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I like the idea of OpenCart being a dedicated eCommerce platform, but also like the idea of Wordpress. Both have their ups and downs.
You are right on this, if you are familiar to Wordpress, you should choose WooCommerce because it is easy to use and built in Wordpress with plugins. You don't lose your time to get acquainted with WooCommerce like OpenCart and you could use it immediately when installed it into WP.

sammy

Both offer some great set of features. I would suggest if you're familiar with WordPress then you must choose WooCommerce.
Reason?
WordPress powers 30% of the web. This means if you are stuck or need help there are thousand resources and developers there for your help. There are a number of free themes and plugins available for you.

Hielleug

WooCommerce should be your priority if you are already comfortable with WordPress, if you are starting from scratch and you dont know what WordPress is, you should go with OpenCart.

MarkMiller

Wordpress with Woocomerce, if you're looking for full control over things with great customized added to it. Opencart is a close-ended system, so don't expect any kind of control over it, it gonna be just the way it is, accept it or move on to some other.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.