Default Forum Signature Link Good or Not?

venkatweetz

Okay I wanted to know that is forum signature link is a good way of link building or not? and also if you stay active on the forums do they allow you to use signature or there is some rules and regulations for it?

paul1129

Okay I wanted to know that is forum signature link is a good way of link building or not? and also if you stay active on the forums do they allow you to use signature or there is some rules and regulations for it?
Forum links are not for link building purposes.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
They are weak links but if you can have links on quality and high ranking forums then it sill helps your sites to have better results in search engine results :)

BountySite

What is weak link?Why is forum signature link considered as weak link?
Is it because they all point to same URL?

Does this mean, you are better off posting blog links in signatures, than main website?

if you stay active on the forums do they allow you to use signature or there is some rules and regulations for it
Refer WMS forum rules, to know when you can set signatures.

dhpk

If forum links are dofollow they are strong links......... why should it not be strong?

Forum content is indexed faster than others, also forums are the place where you can show your expertise, you can ask question and solve question.......so if you are getting a link, then you are getting it by helping others....

Reactions: lauratorgerson

SEOPub

SEOPub
Pretty much everything you said is incorrect.

Forum content is not indexed faster than other content.

And again, they are weak links because the pages are generally weak, plus they are usually flooded with outbound links.

ddkp

ddkp
So which type of links are not weak?

Forum content is indexed faster than other types of websites. But it all depends on how active is your forum. In WarriorForum or DigitalPoint forum, the content is indexed within minutes....... if you don't believe me create a topic and see it....

You say that forums are flooded with links, you are right at certain point, but doesn't happen with all forums.... most of the forums today, don't allow you post links from the first post, they also check quality of your replies....

But please don't forget authority of a forum. Have you checked how many pages are indexed of WebmasterSun? The more pages a forum has the more powerful and authoritative it can be...

Google loves forums because it is a discussion place, it directly solves questions of users.

SEOPub

SEOPub

Content at WF does not get indexed quickly because it is a forum. It gets indexed quickly because of the authority of the site. Same thing happens with content published at CNet or Mashable or a thousand other sites.

It has aboslutely nothing to do with it being a forum. Google does not give any special treatment to forums. To say otherwise is an absolute lie. Content at WF would get indexed just as fast if they got rid of the forum and changed the site to a traditional website structure.

And I wasn't talking about links in posts. I meant if the forum allows links in signatures it is going to be flooded with links. I just pulled up a random page on WF. https://www.warriorforum.com/search...t-one-sentence-what-your-best-seo-advice.html

There are over 350 internal and external links on that page. That means every link on the page is extremely weak.

On this page right now here at Webmaster Sun, there are over 330 internal and external links. Again, that means each link on the page is extremely weak.

So yes, forum links are weak AF.

paul1129

Forum contents are never indexed faster. WF and DP may look like it that way but the truth is because they have high authority.

paritosh

Each forum has its own rules for creating forum signatures,

Links with forum signature is a great way to gather direct traffic toward a website, but the forum must be a high valued website and trustworthy too to search engine eyes.

meettokhan

Always use naked url if you are using forum signature. It will not effect in negative ranking.

stephenrobes

Forum signature is good for brought drive traffic.

EvaMPerkins

Hello,

Forum content has been indexed than other forums are the place where you could show your experience, and you solve the matter and also can ask a question. So if you are currently obtaining a connection, then you definitely are getting hired.

LearnTheNew

Hi @venkatweetz using a signature in a forum is good technique like @yourwebsitename it will bring some traffic & it will give a present activity in Online. @LearnTheNew

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.