How to take up right location for a dedicated Server?

Jennifer5

Can you guys tell me how to take up right location for a dedicated Server? What factors should I consider when choosing a location for my dedicated server? any advice?

Rob Whisonant

If you are talking about PHYSICAL location, you want your server as close to your prospects/visitors as possible. If your prospects/visitors are mainly from the US, get a server in the US.

BountySite

What are you planning on hosting on Dedicated server?

1) Server Close to customer, if there are images/videos that need to be loaded quickly
2) You can also use CDN or similar services to speed up load times
3) If customers are US based, choosing central zone, might be a good idea, to serve US west and east coast at same performance.

Scopehosts

Can you guys tell me how to take up right location for a dedicated Server? What factors should I consider when choosing a location for my dedicated server? any advice?
you need to search for
1. Location nearby to you and your visitors for faster connectivity
2. Location/datacenter with good environmental conditions to maintain high uptime

RelateHost

It mainly depends upon your targeted audience. If you are targeting the global audience then you should choose a famous and well spread datacenter like US as they will be having the best bandwidth carriers. If you are concentrating the business audience in your country only then finding the closest yet reliable datacenter would work for you. As this would help to reach the website quickly taking the advantage of geographic location.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.