Guest Posting

Holly Nicole

So I have seen a few blogs that offer guest posting which in my opinion is amazing because your able to expand your visitors with the different articles and posts. I think that all blogs are starting to allow guest posting which allows your readers to see different content and not just from you. It may also help your SEO because it's going to be unique content. So if your a blogger are you going to allow guest posting and why or why not?​

HostNurse

I would not allow guest posting, because my blog would become full of spam and links. It will be negative because all the content will be duplicated. It will cause your blog or website to get penalized or at worst cases banned.

Holly Nicole

I can understand that and see where your coming from. I personally not gonna allow it myself cause I try to keep it about me and my thoughts. However if I did I would have to approve each post before hand to check it for spam and links.

HostNurse

It depends on the blog subject to a certain extent, but still there will be a huge amount of spam. However, you can install anti spam mods to reduce the amount of spam.

Holly Nicole

Your right in that sense it's a lot more risky allowing Guest Bloggers cause it could help your seo

ezesunday

Guest posting can really help your blog grow faster.

But how I'm I going to control keep the originality of my content in check?

Create a guideline to guide all contributors.

Meanwhile, not all links are bad. If a writer references data from a reputable source --- they should link to it. you can permit them to link to their website from their bio or from any phrase that can reference to a valuable content on their blog.

Check originality with copyscape.com and smallseotools.com

Set other guidelines to help you get better writers to your blog.

grubble

As long as you screen the quality of your guest bloggers, it can be really helpful for SEO. All you have to do is establish editorial guidelines for prospective guest bloggers and have them submit their posts to you for approval.

Phil Tro

Definitely! It's a great way to start partnerships and it saves you time. We already saw quite good blogposts which exceed our average quality. You just need to make sure that you have a) good guidelines and b) proofread them.

DarioPV

As people mentioned, you shouldn't give up on it just because you are afraid of spam and low quality content. You will probably be bombarded with all kinds of requests (depending on your site's authority) and that is the big downside since you will have to devoid some of your time to go trough it.

If you do decide to allow some guest posters, it would peobably be a good idea to place in your guidelines something like "use THIS WORD in the article title". That way you could just delete the ones that probably didn't read your guidelines but decided to pitch you anyway.

RenderedElite

I think it's a good thing to do but you can't just accept everything people submit. Check for plagiarism and check thoroughly for spelling and grammar errors. Don't allow links to trashy sites and you won't have any issues.

JackyN

Yes. I believe that guess posting is a good place for spams. I will not allow it on my website.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads