How do you start designing a website?

ridgeword

Especially when your client doesn't really know where to start. I usually ask them if they have a theme or some chosen colours already, or photos that they would love to put in their website. Also giving in consideration too is the content that they wanted to put in the website.

Rob Whisonant

When I did design websites, I sat down face to face with the client. Had them show me sites they enjoy going to. I asked them to point out elements that stood out to them. I also discussed their business with them to learn more about it and how they run it.

I then go back and start doing idea sketches. I then meet with them again and get their opinions on them.

After that, it's time to actually start designing the site.

ridgeword

That's a great point to asked them the site they enjoy going to. It'll be my first time designing an e-commerce website so it'll be really hard for me to start from scratch. Thank you for the pointers that you mentioned. It'll be a great help! :)

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Especially when your client doesn't really know where to start. I usually ask them if they have a theme or some chosen colours already, or photos that they would love to put in their website. Also giving in consideration too is the content that they wanted to put in the website.
There are two ways to start designing a website:

- Start designing a website from scratch, for this, you need to do all things as making codes for it.

- Start designing a website from an existed theme, for this, you need to change more things on it.

Which is faster? and which is more convenient for you?

Tonysanders

Hmm you can use thrive theme, ready to buy themes. no coding just drop and drug in an easy way.

JoyFreak

I would start of by brainstorming ideas of an idea you have in mind.
Then understand how to incorporate it. That being, HTML, PHP or other languages.
I would also have a designer at hand for images.

Sohani@30

Through my opinion see here For designing a website I have taken the help of web designing software template master Wordpress theme generator and Joomla template generator.

Its a useful resource for making themes and templates for multiple CMSs like Joomla, Wordpress, Magento, etc. It generates SEO mobile friendly themes.

Khushboo Gangrade

Talk to the client about their choices and if they have something already planned for the design. If not, you can start with expressing your ideas.

Omgirl

If your client doesnt know where to start when designing a website, you can pitch out ideas and show examples of other websites to see if they would like to do a similar type of design.

digitalludhiana

That is where your creativity comes handy. It happened with me as well, but in the end gotta come up with ideas to spark a light in client's mind so, that clients could think through.

If the client's still clueless and give you all the authority then do the followings:
# understand client's industry and competitors.
# understand client's business consumers or customers (Peronas).

once you have these two things cleared then start building website and in between client will definitely start giving you suggestions, just light up the spark.

BeeHome

Switch light mode to dark mode - Give user priorities like change light or dark Colour theme in page visibility.
Illustrate images - Image should tell a story about the page user. which helps easily understand and stay along time.
Micro Interaction - When the user scrolls down happen some magics like the small size to actual size. animation in the page that catches the user attention
Trendy color scheme - Attractive color combination for multiple pages. easily connect with after pages from the background, font colors, and illustrate images.
Massive bold font size - When the user starts to read or scroll the page change border fonts to bold font.

digitalone

The first thing is purpose. Please identify the purpose of the website if you are looking for a great website.

Krospix

The easiest way to make a website is with WordPress.

AezakmiBrowser

First you need to decide what content you want to promote on the site, and then try to create a site in the constructor, if everything goes well, you can continue to create it on a good engine)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views