How to get traffic to a food blog?

Hugo E.

I co-founded a food blog with my friend, he cooks the food and shoots the videos, and my job is to edit them and manage the website, basically, I am a tech guy and he is the creative person there. Now I am wanting to increase more traffic to it. What is the best way to get traffic to this niche? do you have any expereice to share?

Rob Whisonant

If you have good profit margins, the fastest way would be to buy traffic.

If you want to go the slow route, start writing articles, guest posts, get mentions on authority blogs etc.

Being food, social media may be a good way to get traffic.

hamlak

I myself just started a food Blog. In fact I am setting up everything right now.

How I tend to drive traffic to this blog is via Pinterest. Yea Pinterest is the best way I know to build traffic to a Food blog. I am going to rely on this 90% for my new Blog. Basically I am not trying to build traffic to my Blog any other way. Natural traffic may come later after I have built up a lot of contents which are indexed by Google and the other search engines.

You have to learn how Pinterest works and how to use it. I am not able to do this here. Cheers.

Hugo E.

Hugo E.
Thanks for sharing this experience.
I never tried to use Pinterest for my blog though but I will.
Do you learn on how to marketing on Pinterest from some sources or courses? I also need to learn before applying this network for my blog sites.

hamlak

hamlak
Definitely I learned from people doing it. You may want to send me a PM and I will see what I can do.

One thing I want to add is that with Pinterest, there are no short cuts. You have to get into the trenches and do the work. But it works. Get in touch if you are ready to give it what it takes daily.

robertmeyer

As @hamlak said, you should try out the Pinterest for your food blog. Pinterest has the potential traffic. It's not easy though, you have to work hard, you have to work on daily basis and you have to make a strong plan for it. Use Google to find out the tips and tricks that works for Pinterest. Along with the pinterest you can start working to rank up your keywords.

MyLead

Try to do social media, and commenting more popular blogs which offer food. Consider to comment YouTube recipes and buy some Likes to your comment, you can get them on SMMPanels.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
OWF
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.