Should I Ping a URL Link or not

sallysaleh

Hello, is it important and mandatory to PING a url link so that google and search engines can find it.

Consider the following cases:

1- If I have a new forum post that contains a backlink

2- I post an update to an old forum post and I include url in the update.

Thanks indeed

lucaspayne896

Ping will inform the search engines of a change to the URL you are submitting. There are lots of lower quality links that often scuffle to get founded and indexed, so ping is only used then to help them get noticed. However, If you have authoritative, genuine links, then ping is not required, search engines will definitely find them.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Sure, you should use Ping url tool in Google webmaster tool to make your posts are indexed faster by Google or other search engines. Normally if your site is quality and by visited by Google daily then you don't need to use a Ping tool, Google will index your site immediately when just posted, but for small site, you should use ping tool.

maureen27

I don't think there is any disadvantage to ping a URL. But certainly, it will help boost your URL presence. In other words, it helps it get noticed.
Whether it's a low-quality link or a high-quality link, I recommend that you ping your URL its just an added advantage

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.