What are the reasons to fluctuate the ranking of keywords?

digitalsamyak

I am doing SEO of WordPress website. I optimized On-page then i started off optimization on regular basis. i got fair result about reaching my keywords till top 20 but after that keywords continuously fluctuating. i am working on daily basis but whenever keywords improving and dropping at the level 2nd page of SERP in google.

Rob Whisonant

Two major things.

1. The search engine changing their algorithms.
2. BIG ONE -- Other sites competing against you fro better rankings.

Mohit Saraogi

There are several reasons to see a ranking fluctuation in the keyword ranking of a website because the search result shows your website link based on various factors, let’s understand those factors.

Need to adopt the new Google update that have been released.
If website has an increase in bounce rate.
If website speed is varying.
If your off-page activities are not regular.
Another main reason could be getting down votes from social media platforms, specially from Google plus.

SEOPub

SEOPub

Ignore everything in this post.

Literally none of that stuff is a ranking factor. Bounce rate is not a ranking factor. Site speed is only a factor if your site is EXTREMELY slow. And Google could care less if your "off-page activities are not regular."

The most common cause of ranking fluctuations is having a dynamic home page. With a dynamic home page, the content and internal link structure of the site is changing the more you post. That will cause fluctuations.

It also is caused from gaining and/or losing links as well as your competitors gaining or losing links.

freakyinnovators

Your keywords are fluctuating because all the other competitor are working as well. You will notice the changes on daily basis once your keyword reach in top 20 position. It also depends on the backlink quality of your website and competitor website as well. The other reason is Google algorithm because now it changes on daily basis.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.