Directory submission is still important for SEO?

Drandy4

Guys, I have a qeustion regarding SEO. Is directory submission still important for SEO? I have a new website which I would like to start SEO for it.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

itarachiu

Not really, it use to be back in the days but because if was spammed to death this strategy is outdated, in fact it can actually hurt a website. There are a few web directories which may help a site but those ones are not free. The question is what makes a good web directory? A good web directory is one that has not many hundreds external links, is old, has a good backlinks profile and it has real traffic. Search engines learn over time and they know how to detect farm links web directories and a legit directory. Answering to your question... you better find another strategies.

emililadjet

Yes, directory submission still effective but you should choose high DA & PA sites per better ranking, you should choose a proper category. never submit to spammy directories it will down your site's rank.

ethelglover

Guys, I have a qeustion regarding SEO. Is directory submission still important for SEO? I have a new website which I would like to start SEO for it.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Directory submission have taken low priority and backlinks are most important, essential part of SEO and also your site. Thanks

evcro

yes it is

i rank client websites in low-medium competition niches (like local services businesses in non-metropole towns) exclusively with diretory listings.

however i have only top notch established/moderated/different ip's directories in my portfolio

davidlee21

You can do directory submission for backlink purpose but they are not effective as they used to be.

Traffic

There is a lot to like about directories. First it is easy for real surfers to find your link. If they ever do it is targeted traffic. The search strings are often just keywords if you own a backward sounding domain those keywords often still work. The can still be good links look how addme evolved.

Patrick_Kane

I used it back in the days but now it has no value at all (as my stats show). So don't waste your time on it.

PaymentGateway

yes, directory submissions are still beneficial but if you do on high pr websites, otherwise it will not effect on your seo.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.