SEO Tips for Gaming site!

JoyFreak

Anyone got any SEO tips for my gaming forum? It would greatly be appreciated! I am struggling to draw in new members and the activity isn't that great.

Nemanja

Premium Member
Gaming forum niche is very competitive and hard to rank higher than others in this time, unless you have more good content and quality backlinks to your forum.
But if you don't have these factors, you can use social media to drive free traffic to your forum but this way can not compare with organic traffic.

Rob Whisonant

Research exactly what people are searching for that is not being answered well by any listings appearing in the search results.

The biggest problem most people have when trying to get traffic from search engines is to write articles or create pages that are not being searched for. Or are rarely searched for. Or........ Have many high quality articles or pages already in the top serp positions.

JoyFreak

Yeah it is a very competitive market. I have done everything I could think of. Any other tips?

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
Then try for longer tail keyword phrases. Or get backlinks from a lot of high authority sites.

There is really no secrets to SEO. It's really straight forward.

If you are in a high competitive niche you are just going to need to do things better than the leaders and slowly build in to a highly trusted site by the search engines.

JoyFreak

How do I get backlinks from high authority sites unless I have a strong connection with them?

And keywords are no longer used in search engines ?

juliaann

Good to see these tips for gaming site but will these tips also work for a normal site?

Traffic

Trade links with other gaming sites. Install games the search engine sees it as content and is fast and easy to do. eg: Install 2000+ java games and site will make own traffic. Now wrong traffic if you run "Call of duty" etc you think but this will also lift your ranking in the search engines for the keywords your targeting. You don't even have to have it on homepage or could make it an but you can have as many pages as you like so build them.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.