Dedicated IP or Shared IP?

Jonchun

Your comparison is invalid. This question is the same as asking:

Do you prefer an apartment or a mansion?
A mansion offers a huge home to yourself while an apartment is shared with lots of neighbors that can cause problems. A mansion also has lots of space so I can throw parties and have friends over. In an apartment, you can't do that because the rooms are too small. Also, in a mansion, everyone in my family can have their own bedroom, and there are multiple bathrooms so you don't have to wait for someone to finish using one.

Obviously everyone would rather live in the mansion (ascetics aside). What it really comes down to is whether you can afford it or not. Although it is on a much smaller scale, dedicated IP's do cost a lot compared to what hosting costs. On most dedicated boxes, you can buy an extra IP for about $2.50/monthly or so, although many providers require justification and require you to purchase a minimum block of 8 IPs due to the IPv4 exhaustion. Shared hosting providers will charge up to around $5.00/monthly for a dedicated IP on a shared hosting account, which is a lot considering most shared plans don't cost over $10.00/monthly. I can go on and on, but I think I've made my point.

HostNurse

Dedicated IP addresses have many advantages over shared IP's. There is no need for me to repeat what have been said here. I agree with what Nick said.

Max-PH

The main issue is that there are not many v4 IPs left. We should move to IPv6 faster... :)

rsk

I only choose to get a dedicated IP if I require to install SSL's. Or sometimes, hosts require you to purchase a dedicated IP if you want specific ports to be opened through the firewall.

hostingexperts

Hi, in case of SEO, Dedicated IP is better, it protects you from being banned by Search Engine. Because, in shared IP, if some one will do spaming then, search engine might punish the site by banning all the request from that IP, so that all the web site with same IP will not work in the search engine.

Hosting

I prefer Dedicated IP address because it enables me to:

-View my website via its IP address.
-View my website via its IP address.
-Access my accounts by FTP or the Web when the domain name is otherwise inaccessible, such as during domain name propagation periods.
-it Ensure faster response during periods of high traffic load.
-Set up SSL protection on your website.

jenitha

For websites i would prefer to use dedicated ip addresses or fixed ip address.So that the website will load fastly.Also dedicated ip address helps to handle heavy traffic.Because other websites are not hosted in it.Only your website hosted in dedicated ip.Shared ip addresses are suitable for browsing purpose.As its name shared IP that is shared by many websites.So your website speed will be low.

link press

If you have a professional business site online then you can go with dedicated Ip if not you can choose the shared Ip

BlackWoods

Dedicated IP so you no need to share problems with others with the same IP as you.

Shirley_Sharp

I think dedicated IP is really good for some kind of financial services and other websites that deals in some kind of secret services,even all those websites can use it who want to secure their work. Am I right?

Andrew

Andrew
Why you think that dedicated IP is specially used by the security services like banks, insurance companies, financial corporations. Please explain me in precise as I am new to this.

Top Niche Websites

If you have your business online then you would want to go with a ded IP. If its just a hobby or personal site all you need is reg one.

RichWilliams

Choosing Dedicated IP or Shared IP completely depend on your task/Website.Most of the task doing well with Dedicated IP becaouse of resources are shared which make response time quicker.

Anthony M. Dyer

Anthony M. Dyer
Yes I am agree with this point,what every users want from hosting servers?Response time!! its important feature that we must search in every server and for that reason dedicated server is good as compare to shared hosting.

Last edited:

Hosting

I prefer Dedicated IP for the following reasons:

-Less downtime
-Speed and Security
-Plenty of Options
-Flexibility and Control

mikemartel

Dedicated IP is more safe for users .you'd better choose dedicated IP should u have enough money.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.