SiteWide BackLinks : Good or Bad for SEO?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I am going to put a link on right side bar of blog, the link will appear on all pages of blog. Is that good? I think it is sidewide backlink and not sure this is good or bad for keyword ranking? some people said, i should add only on homepage. Can anyone advise me?

RyanChapman

This is a common issue and if you do a Google search about this issue, you will find a lot of discussion about this with many kind of opinions. Sitewide links are generally not a safe idea. Many people recommend making those links nofollow.

One solution could be to make the sitewide links nofollow, except the link in your customers frontpage footer. Then you'll get the link juice from the front page, but no penalty from sitewide links. Or what do other people think here, would that be a good approach?

LearnTheNew

Yes, what @Ryanchapman is said true sidewide links are not good. Now google given permission to keep no-foolow in their sites due to that every links in blog commenting, youtube commenting, forum submission don't past the links those all are no-follow links.
@LearnTheNew

Goyum

I have seen few cases in the past where websites got penalized due to sitewide links. Till the time links are coming from quality sites, it wont be an issue. I usually add no-follow tag to such links when I add in the website.

webmuss

Sitewide backlinks are not considered quality links nowadays unless you get the links from a closely related website. I would not suggest you to build sitewide links. Instead you should focus on creating links from the most relevant pages from that website. It will be a much better choice. Sitewide links looks unnatural and you may be penalized for that by Google.

EvaMPerkins

Hello,

I've observed cases in the past. Till enough full-time links are originating out of standard websites, it's not going to be a problem. I add links and label once I add from the site.

Have a nice Day

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.