Server Management Panels: FASTPANEL against cPanel

Patrick_Kane

Hey guys!

I used CPanel months ago. Everything was OK though I didn't like the pricing. As for me, it was unreasonably expensive.

This is why I decided to move to FASTPANEL which is absolutely free but has all the same functions (at least the same functions that I needed).
Moreover, it's design is quite handy and much better than CPanel's one. Now I don't understand why people pay for cPanel when they have FASTPANEL for free.

What panel do you use guys and why?

Last edited:

Rob Whisonant

cpanel for the win. The reason that most prefer and use cpanel is because almost all tutorials, instructions for installing scripts, instructions for setting things up like creating a database etc... All use cpanel.

Cpanel is tried and true. It's the industry standard.

Also many script developers do not provide support unless you are using cpanel.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I never heard about this hosting panel before and this seems a new panel and it needs time and marketing to reach out to cPanel levels :)

buzybee-kevin

Well for one cPanel is used by many major hosting companies and it offers the ability to move hosting accounts form one host to another with ease. And it is very popular and most customers know and understand how to use the control panel. When customers are looking for a new company they don't necessarily want to learn a new control panel. We have been a cPanel partner for several years and they do provide outstanding support when needed. You will not receive such important features from a free control panel.

Patrick_Kane

I think that it's already on the level of cPanel so I use it right now

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
One of the main problems, for example is... If a host adopted fastpanel instead of cpanel.... And someone currently hosting with a host that has cpanel wants to move to a new host and asks this question... Can you move my site for me?

A cpanel host will say sure. I can do a cpanel to cpanel transfer for you for free.

A host that does not use cpanel, would say either no or it's going to cost you to have us move your site.

Basically cpanel rules the hosting realm and will for a long time to come. They are not going to retrain their support staff to learn fastpanel that very few use compared to cpanel.

Fastpanel may be a very nice replacement for cpanel. It's just not going to take cpanels market share except for maybe a small percentage that can't afford cpanel or are hobbyists.

Serious businesses are going to go with the 800 pound gorilla. That being cpanel.

buzybee-kevin

The only problem I see with the host move statement. Is Hostgator uses cPanel and we have taken a lot of their customers and have never had a cpanel restore with out problems. In some cases the restore was not possible so we just moved their files and databases over manually. They mod it so much that its no longer compatible with relatively un-moded cPanel systems.

BountySite

I am looking to try the panel. Haven't yet installed it.

It looks like it is very lightweight. May be it will gain traction with VPS users.

What language is fastpanel built on?

Collabora

Hey guys!

I used CPanel months ago. Everything was OK though I didn't like the pricing. As for me, it was unreasonably expensive.

This is why I decided to move to FASTPANEL which is absolutely free but has all the same functions (at least the same functions that I needed).
Moreover, it's design is quite handy and much better than CPanel's one. Now I don't understand why people pay for cPanel when they have FASTPANEL for free.

For running a web hosting company cPanel for the reasons already stated. But if you are just looking for a web interface to manage your own server nothing wrong with the freebies out there (fastpanel is free for a limited time)

Scopehosts

I've used cPanel the most and also recommend clients. I had to install it only once myself as cPanel WHM on a VPS for a project.
I don't know Fastpanel, but I see it's free for limited time period (18 months) and after that you will have to pay for it. There is no clear picture about the pricing structure.

JamesTuttle

Hey guys!

Hi Patrick!

I would be very interested to hear about your experience with FastPanel over the last few months.

I manage 3 small data centers down here in Florida. Last week cPanel informed us they will be increasing our annual licensing costs almost 400%. A small number of our customers will be happy to pay the additional cost for their servers because of their loyalty to cPanel and lack of desire for change, but many of them have told us they can't so we are looking at several different open source panels to migrate 2/3rd of our servers to.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of user reviews or articles online for FastPanel, with the exception of a few summary blurbs on their website. Their free demo looks beautiful visually, but it would be extremely useful to get some insight from another server professional who has used FastPanel in a production environment.

arzhost

cPanel is always the first priority of professionals, price doesn't matter all cPanel video tutorials and article material available on the internet. Users can find the solutions instantly whenever he/she found the issue. My recommendation is always cPanel.

BenSupportSages

We use CWP for users who can't afford the current cPanel pricing, it provides almost all the features offered by cPanel. You can find the demo installation on their website.

The only downfall for this panel is that it doesn't offer the Reseller feature now. It has a FAQ page which will help you sort out any questions and if you've more to ask, then please make use of their forum.

FASTPANEL is free of charge only for a period of at least 18 months. It still not support Incremental backups, PostgreSQL support, Integration of WAF based on ModSecurity, billing system like WHMCS, Blesta etc.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.